Killjoy is finally getting her first major update, which should empower more counterplay against her Nanoswarm, as well as reduce its damage.
Viper, Breach, Sova, and Sage have also got some changes.
Shotguns are getting their aim punch and tagging tuned, you can choose to remake a match (under certain conditions), lots of tweaks to the observer tool, and you get some new features that should help keep your identity private in-game.
Hit registration clarity is also being improved with several changes coming to the VFX of hit impact markers.
Update 1.07 Patch Notes
You can read the full patch notes below.
Riot has acknowledged that the .dll issue that has arrived with the recent patch has meant that they are going to delay the deployment for KR/JP/SEA/OCE as well as EU/TR/CIS regions until a stable solution has been created.
Once they are confident they have a fix in the current patch, they will deploy the 'fixed' patch globally tomorrow.
Here are the highlights for this week's patch.
- Heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 5 seconds
- Self heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 10 seconds
- Slow Orb size reduced by 30%
- Barrier Orb cost reduced from 400 >>> 300
- Fortifying Barrier: Wall forms at 400 HP—after a 3-second delay, the wall becomes fortified to 800 HP
- Nanoswarm - added a brief windup before damage begins
- DPS reduced from 60 >>> 40
- Visual effects have been added to make it easier to spot the grenade on the ground Stealth audio range has been slightly increased
- Turret no longer revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt
- More effectively shoots at an enemy’s last known location
- Toxic Screen can now be placed during the buy phase of rounds, through spawn barriers
- Toxic Screen now goes up faster along its full length, once it starts to form
- Decay on all smoke abilities no longer affects allies
- The area of Viper’s Pit is now shown on her team’s minimap when deployed
- Flashpoint off-screen flashes now match the behaviour of other flashes in the game and apply a minimum amount of flash more aggressively
- Charges increased from 2 >>> 3
- Reduced windup time from 0.6 seconds >>> 0.5 seconds
- Rolling Thunder detonation delay between blasts decreased from 0.3 >>> 0.255
- Concussion now de-scopes players and prevents re-scoping
- Updated the physics on Sova’s cape so that it should wiggle outside his hitbox less frequently
- Polish work on Sova’s 1P hands to bring them up to the fidelity bar of the rest of our agents
- All shotguns aim punch update
- When getting headshot by a shotgun, the aim punch will be lower than all the other weapons
- All shotguns tagging tuned for targets beyond 10 meters
- Hitting an enemy past 10 meters will apply a different tagging value to them instead of the standard tagging
- New tagging: 30% slow for .5s on a smooth curve going back to normal speed
- Shorty nerf
- 1st falloff range reduced from 9m >>> 7m
- Updated headshot multiplier from 3x >>> 2x (now the same as Judge and Bucky)
- Judge Nerf
- Price increased from 1500 >>> 1600
- Vandal buff
- Increased firing rate from 9.25 >>> 9.75
- Increased damage from 39 >>> 40
Hit Impact VFX Update
- Server hit VFX confirms will now spawn at the location of the hit on the character and stay attached to that position (previously, it spawned at the game space location and stayed there)
- An additional client-predicted small spark VFX now spawns immediately at the game space location of a hit
- Adjusted the sparks hit VFX colouring and shape adjusted to more closely resemble blood VFX shape
- Adjusted the size of headshot VFX, where both blood and sparks are scaled-down slightly
- Remake match: When a match begins with a 4v5 (or more lopsided teams), players will now have the option to end the game they’re in and queue for a new one.
- If any player is disconnected at the start of the match (beginning of buy phase) through the entire first round, a remake call may be triggered at the start of the second round by typing /remake in chat.
- All connected players on the team that called the remake may vote to remake the game— It’s required that all connected players agree to remake the game
- The remake vote will last for the duration of the buy phase, if the vote is not passed by the end of buy phase it will expire
- If the vote is successfully passed and the game is remade, all players who voted do not receive any XP or MMR adjustments for the match. The match will also not show up in match history. All disconnected players not part of the vote will take a full MMR loss for the game, and receive a leaver penalty equivalent to disconnecting from a full match.
- Act Ranks visuals have been updated to better differentiate wins at different rank tiers
- Changed some potentially misleading verbiage in the restriction message for players who need to play more unrated games to unlock competitive play
Quality Of Life
- Observers can toggle aim lines for players (default bind: R)
- Observers can change which teams outline are visible (defaults: H - All, J - Friendly to the spectated player, K - Enemies of spectates players, L - None)
- Corpse markers shown when corpses are disabled now obey colourblind settings
- Hotkey order for selecting players for observers should no longer shuffle in overtime
- Observers should now see the money on the HUD for the player they are spectating
- Added a setting for disabling the in-game UI (General -> Hide User Interface In-Game)
- Added a setting for disabling the cross-hair (Crosshair -> Disable Crosshair)
- Observers can hide first-person character arms. (General -> Hide First Person Arms)
- Observers can toggle team-based crosshair colouring for spectated targets via the settings menu (General -> Use Team Color for Crosshair Color)
- Improved framerate by allowing a wider variety of VFX to be multi-threaded, examples include Brimstone’ Sky Smokes and Breach’s Rolling Thunder
- For anyone who'd rather keep their identity private in-game, we've added these features:
- Hide my name from non-party members (agent name will be used)
- Hide the names of others in my game who aren't in my party (agent names will be shown)
- Hit impact VFX improvements
- Fixed a bug where if both teams try to call a surrender vote, the team who called it second wouldn’t get the option to vote
- Fixed a bug that displayed the Act Rank tooltip in English only when another language was selected