UPDATE: You'll be able to link your accounts starting September 16, getting everything ready to be able to jump straight in with your unlocked content!
Rocket League’s getting a free-to-play release later this summer. It’ll hit the Epic Games Store the same day.
“You’ll be able to share your competitive rank, Rocket Pass progress, and your hard-earned inventory across all platforms,” publisher Psyonix said in a blog post.
Linking your accounts
To link your Rocket League profiles across multiple platforms, you’ll first need to create an Epic Games account.
“You’ll be able to connect additional platforms you have to your Epic Games account on our account-linking page,” the blog post explains. “Simply link your platforms using your PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch Online, and Steam account login information and share progress. You may also designate one of them as your primary platform from the linking page.”
The profile you designate as your “primary platform” will, of course, be the one shared across all your linked accounts for cross-progression purposes.
Here’s what your (primary) inventory will share across platforms:
- All earned free drops (common items, event items)
- Season rewards and titles
- Rocket Pass items
- Item Shop purchases
- Blueprints and items built from blueprints
- All Rocket League-branded DLC included in the Legacy Pack
These will not be shared with other platforms:
- Platform-exclusive items (e.g., Sweet Tooth, Hogsticker, Armadillo, Mario and Luigi NSR, and Samus’s Gunship)
- Ultimate Edition on-disc DLC: Batman / DC Superheroes Pack
- Premium DLC packs: licensed content that was previously available in the Showroom (e.g., Back to the Future, Jurassic World, DC Superheroes, Fast and the Furious, Ghostbusters, Knight Rider, etc.)
- Credits and esports-token balances
Rocket League users who played the game prior to the free-to-play release this summer will be awarded “Legacy status,” entitling them to a handful of special rewards.
Here’s what Legacy players will receive later this summer:
- All Rocket League-branded DLC released before free-to-play
- “Est. 20XX” title that displays the first year you played Rocket League
- Over 200 common items upgraded to “Legacy” quality
- Golden Cosmos boost
- Dieci-Oro wheels
- Huntress player banner
All this is coming soon in the next Rocket League update.