Rocket League has seen exponential growth in recent years, as the 3v3 competitive game is making its way into its 15th season, now renamed Season 1 to coincide with the game's free-to-play transition.
Although they have not announced a start date for the new season, players are already gearing up for it as it may be coming soon.
The future is looking bright with a new competitive season, new Rocket Pass and an overhauled challenge system.
It has never been a better time to jump into the wonderful world of Rocket League - especially as it's going free-to-play!
So, what can players expect out of Season 1?
Check out the news by clicking the links below:
More Leaks - 18th September
Longtime data miner and leaker @imFireMonkey on Twitter has shared what looks to be some extra rewards.
Everything else that is finished rn appears to be Tournament rewards.— 🎄Santa Ricky🎄 (@imFireMonkey) September 17, 2020
I could talk about the codenames for stuff but it probably wouldn't be too worth it.
Only one worth mentioning is some Twitch related wheels, possibly more Twitch Prime stuff for the future pic.twitter.com/mEhIKMYZMU
The season begins on September 23, the same date that the game goes free-to-play and makes its debut on the Epic Games Store.
The Rocket Pass is Rocket League's take on the traditional battle pass system that most titles adopt.
This pass will commence once the new season is live on September 23rd.
There are an ample amount of rewards that players can earn through their rocket pass each season, including:
- and More!
The Rocket Pass will contain over 70 tiers of unlockable items.
Rocket Pass Premium will also be available to players for 1000 Credits.
This will grant them full access to the Rocket Pass and exclusive premium rewards.
On top this, players with Rocket Pass premium will gain access to three additional weekly challenges.
Rocket Pass Rewards
Check out all the rewards in the trailer below!
Competitive Seasons, Competitive Tournaments and Rocket Pass will all follow the same schedule.
It all starts when Rocket League goes free to play and Season 1 begins.
The Rocket Pass will no longer be numbered on its own, and will instead be an extension of the Season.
New Competitive Ranks
A new rank is being added above the current Grand Champion Rank - Supersonic Legend.
Grand Champion will be split into three different Ranks, just like the ranks below it; with current Grand Champions being placed into Grand Champion 1.
Both Grand Champion and Supersonic Legend will have their own Season Rewards at the end of Season 1, as well as Rank-specific Titles.
MMR will still be displayed in the Playlist menu once you hit Grand Champion 1.
Psyonix is also looking to soft reset ranks to account for incoming players, meaning ranks will shift closer to the median rank (Gold III). Meaning, you may be placed in a higher rank than usual.
Players will also need to be Level 10 in order to play Ranked.
SUPERSONIC LEGEND: Rocket League's most prestigious title
Rocket League has announced they will be adding some new beats into the game in partnership with Monstercat.
Over on their official blog post, they have noted:
"Rocket League is celebrating free to play with Monstercat by throwing it back to the music that defined it throughout the years. Beginning with our update later this month, remixed fan-favorite tracks will arrive in-game that players will instantly recognize. Plus, the album is available on streaming services right now!"
As well, here are the beats that are going to be added into the game:
- "ROCK IT VIP" — Tokyo Machine
- "Silhouette" (Feed Me Remix) — Bad Computer feat. Skyelle
- "From Here" (ATTLAS Remix) — CloudNone
- "Outbreak" (Fox Stevenson Remix) — Feint feat. MYLK
- “Shiawase VIP” — Dion Timmer
- “Horsepower” (F.O.O.L. & TOKYO ROSE Remix) — MUZZ
- "What Are You Waiting For VIP" — Stonebank
- "Walking On The Moon" (Bad Computer Remix) — Infected Mushroom
New Challenge System Changes And Features
Season And Weekly Challenges
The new Challenge system will feature Season, Weekly and Event Challenges.
Players will get three challenges each week, these will reset every Wednesday.
After the reset, players will receive three new challenges to start completing.
Season Challenges will also be available for players to complete.
These take longer than weekly challenges, however, offer better and more valuable rewards.
Players with Rocket Pass Premium will receive twice as many Season Challenges.
SHUT UP AND DRIVE: Get into games, earn XP and rank up fast with the new challenge system
All-New Challenge Widget And Menu
Players will be able to track their challenge progress in the all-new challenge widget and menu.
This is where you'll track your Challenges, see the rewards you can receive and claim them once completed.
Drops can be found as Challenge rewards and on the free track of Rocket Pass.
When opened, drops award an item that is added to a players inventory (items are tradable, drops are not).
Drops come in different rarities and offer items of the same rarity or higher.
New Driver Challenges
Players trying Rocket League for the first time will receive New Driver Challenges to help you unlock items included in the base game prior to free-to-play.
New players will only have access to Octane, Breakout, and Merc at the start.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED: New Driver Challenges will help you expand your garage.
New Player Experience
A new tutorial will greet new players, putting them right on the field to teach them the basic HUD and button layout.
New players will also have New Driver Challenges to unlock items that were included in the base version of Rocket League.
Here are some other updates coming to Rocket League
- PlayStation Plus on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch Online will no longer be required for online play on those platforms.
- Rocket ID Will Become Epic Friends (Friends you had through Rocket ID will transfer to Epic Friends, and any friends you currently have through your Epic Games Account will be visible in Rocket League.)
- New Quick Chats:
- On your left.
- On your right.
- Default settings are changing for incoming players. Voice Chat will be disabled by default, and L2 (PS4), LT (Xbox), ZL (Switch) will default to Air Roll.
- Heatseeker will be playable in private matches
- New bot difficulty under Rookie
- Merc is getting a new, unique hitbox, for a total of six hitbox types
- Rocket League X Monstercat remixes of fan favourite songs will be added celebrating the music's legacy throughout the years (Presave here!)
- Solo Standard Playlist will be removed following Competitive Season 14
End of Season 14 Rewards
Since the current season got a six-week extension back during the beginning of July, we already know what the end of season rewards are!
As posted on the official Rocket League website, they gave us full insight into what the rewards would be.
COMPETITIVE SEASON 14 REWARDS
- Bronze I or higher – Season 14 Bronze Player Banner and Avatar Border
- Silver I or higher – Season 14 Silver Player Banner and Avatar Border + lower Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Gold I or higher – Season 14 Gold Player Banner and Avatar Border + lower Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Platinum I or higher – Season 14 Platinum Blayer Banner and Avatar Border + lower Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Diamond I or higher – Season 14 Diamond Player Banner and Avatar Border + lower Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Champion I or higher – Season 14 Champion Player Banner and Avatar Border + lower Player Banners and Avatar Borders
COMPETITIVE SEASON 14 GRAND CHAMPION REWARDS
- Competitive Grand Champion – ‘Season 14 – Grand Champion’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Player Banners and Avatar Borders + all Season 14 Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Rumble Grand Champion – ‘Season 14 – RNG Champ’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Player Banners and Avatar Borders + all Season 14 Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Dropshot Grand Champion – ‘Season 14 – Floor Destroyer’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Player Banners and Avatar Borders + all Season 14 Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Hoops Grand Champion – ‘Season 14 – Dunk Master’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Player Banners and Avatar Borders + all Season 14 Player Banners and Avatar Borders
- Snow Day Grand Champion – ‘Season 14 – Blizzard Wizard’ In-Game Title + Grand Champion Player Banners and Avatar Borders + all