Valorant's Act 2 is finally releasing and along with all the news inside the patch notes; we are also getting a brand new agent.
This new patch is also implementing a long-awaited game mode, in Deathmatch or DM.
This game mode can be tricky to master but can be pivotal for your aim and player progression in Valorant.
Here's a full guide!
What Is Deathmatch?
Similar to the game mode Free-For-All as seen in Call of Duty games, Deathmatch is where 30 people load into a lobby; and battle it out to become the winner.
Thanks to the official Valorant patch notes for the release of act two, we are able to get a better understanding of how this game mode is going to work within Valorant.
- Deathmatch drops! Hop in to hone your gunplay mechanics or warm up before you hit ranked10-player free-for-all
- First to 30 kills with a time limit of 6 minutes
- No abilities
- You’ll load in as a random Agent that you own
- Buy whatever weapons you want; heavy armor is given to you automatically
- Killing enemies drops health kits: picking one up fully restores your health/armor AND automatically reloads your weapon.
- All enemies are periodically revealed on the minimap
So, the main goal of Deathmatch is to get the most eliminations as fast as possible!
Each game will reward 500 XP no matter what your placement is.
Weapons To Use?
Since you are able to purchase any weapon in Deathmatch, there are a few good options that will significantly increase your chances of becoming the winner.
These three weapons are seen as the cream of the crop since the game released a while back, and will undoubtedly increase your chances of becoming the best player in the lobby.
How To Win
Valorant has a heavy emphasis on headshots, as if you play the game from time to time you will find this is easily the best way to eliminate players.
So, with Deathmatch this is going to be the best way to come out on top.
Especially if you are using the Vandal or Phantom; these weapons have insane headshot damage and you will be able to decimate your opponents with quick flicks to the head!