Season 5 of Modern Warfare and Warzone is just a few weeks in and the midseason update is already here.
With the new update, the rumoured Games of Summer finally arrives along with the brand new LMG weapon the 'FINN'.
Along with a new Gunfight map, new modes will also be added to the game plus an expected weapon balance and bug fixing patch.
Here's everything we know about Warzone Season 5 Reloaded.
Click the links below to read more:
Get a Free Buggy Skin for Warzone - 24th August
Head back to the Pawn Takes Pawn website, log in or create an account, and enter the six "mission orders" to a score a free vehicle skin for use in Warzone. The passcodes come courtesy of content creator Geeky Pastimes. (If you get a "not found" error, keep trying. These may also be case sensitive.)
Going left to right for each row, the codes are:
Season 5 Reloaded Update Is Now Live! - 24th August
The Season 5 Reloaded update is now live across all platforms and ready for download.
The download sizes are:
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (WZ) & 17.6GB (MW)
Check out the patch notes here.
Here's how to download the update faster.
Season 5 Reloaded Road Map - 24th August
The mid-season update is arriving early in Modern Warfare and Warzone, just 3 weeks after it started.
Here are the patch notes for version 1.27.
Update 1.27 Patch Notes
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium)
- Ground War
- Ground War Reinforce (32 players)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship
- Face Off Verdansk Stadium (2v2)
- BR Solos
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Plunder: Quads
- King Slayer Trios
- Ground War: You can now spawn on APCs even while they're in combat, just as long as the vehicle isn’t low on health
- You can now inspect your weapon during infil sequences!
- Fix for a bug where players could see Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don’t have the perk equipped
- Fix for an issue where the Riot Shield could appear sideways in the preview screen
- Also, fixed a bug where the Riot Shield could appear crooked in the squad walk
- Fixed a bug where using Flaming Throwing Knives would not reset Dead Silence
- Season 5 Week 1 challenge reads: "Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times." Should be written as Personal Radar
- The Week 1 challenge reads: "Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator". Using and instead of as
- Fix for an issue where the scoreboard could reflect inaccurate information when going from a multiplayer match to a Warzone match
- Fixed a bug where some users were unable to unblock players
- Fixed a bug where the ‘World Eater’ calling card appeared animated, although it should be a static image
- Fix for an issue where partially watching the killcam and then skipping it, can sometimes result in reduced respawn time
- Various fixes to help the Tomogunchi Turbo watch function as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Stopping Round Field Upgrade could become unlimited after using two of the same weapon
- Adjusted weapon stats graphs to better match rate of fire and post-launch weapon balancing
- Fix for a bug where tracers could lose their impact VFX when the ammunition is changed from the default 5.56 NATO ammunition on the M4
- Sniper – Thermal Scope: lowered optic resolution and reduced thermal range
- Adding ‘HEI’ (High Explosive Incendiary) label to cosmetic dismembering ammo types
- Fix for an issue where the gas mask could become invulnerable
- Fixed a bug where the yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget was missing from BR Buy Back
- Fix for a bug where the parachute could open randomly when jumping over certain areas of the map
- In BR Quads, the player's minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted contract. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the loot dropped from a squadmate who died in the gulag would be available for other squad members to pick up if they enter the same gulag
- Fixed a bug where players will observe no ping audio from a spectator creating world pings
- Various fixes for issues with Self Revive:
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive after buying it at a kiosk, then see the Self Revive 'Use' UI right before the player dies when downed but too late to be able to revive themselves
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive and when downed, they are able to use a Self Revive
- Players may be unable to buy a Self Revive at a kiosk stating "The player already has this item", despite not having one in their inventory
Call of Duty League
- Fixed a bug where barrels with integrated suppressors were still available
- Improved stability and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused screen resolution to be higher than native resolution at 100 render resolution when in fullscreen borderless mode
- Fixed an issue that could lock FOV to 60 after playing a game of Ground War
When Will Season 5 of Warzone Start?
The new season will begin on the 25th August at 11pm PT/ 7am BST.
Modern Warfare Season 5 Weapons
Alongside them, in the mid-season update, is the FiNN LMG.
The FiNN LMG will punch well above its weight against many of the existing LMGs.
This new LMG can be earned by completing an in-game challenge or a blueprint variant can be acquired by purchasing the “Mainframe” bundle.
An agile, mobile, and hostile tank of an LMG, the FiNN’s ultra-light and open-bolt design is uniquely paired with advanced recoil controls.
This all adds up to a weapon with exceptional full-auto accuracy while still being lightweight, allowing for a unique playstyle that further blurs the line between an assault rifle and LMG.
FINNESSE: The new agile LMG arrives in the mid-season update
Call of Duty: Warzone
New Mode: King Slayer
King Slayer is large-scale Team Deathmatch on Battle Royale where teams fight to earn points by defeating hostile players.
However, the circle doesn’t collapse, rather it moves around the map for an agile battle on the go. The top five team’s top-scoring player will be marked as a ‘king’ on the Tac-Map. Eliminate kings to get additional points and be awarded a free Killstreak.
Games Of Summer
For the first time in Call of Duty franchise history, community members from around the world can represent their country in easy-to-play, hard-to-master, single-player Trials of skill.
By earning medals in each Trial, competitors will prove which country’s Tier One Operators are truly the best in the world.
Within the 'Games of Summer', there are five Trials. These miniature experiences are similar to those introduced at Modern Warfare’s launch and in post-launch Season updates.
Trials will be available for Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone players, starting on August 28 at 10am PT/6pm BSTPlayers will have unlimited entries, meaning you can keep playing them to set your best time or score and go for Gold.
GAME TIME: Summer of Games is the Call of Duty Olympics
Alongside Season 5 comes a new faction for Modern Warfare and Warzone.
The Shadow Company have arrived in Call of Duty with a selection of operators to represent them.
Let's check out what we know about Shadow Company and what they'll bring to Call Of Duty.
Who Are The Shadow Company?
The Activision Blog reveals:
"An elite PMC, Shadow Company operates outside the boundaries of the original Armistice. Forged from the fires of in-fighting between the Coalition and the Allegiance, Shadow Company has a framework and agenda all of their own."
"Shadow Company is a splinter group formed without compromise, ready to take the war directly to Mr. Z and into Verdansk and deal with terrorist threats directly."
Shadow Company are an organisation that operates without pretence and operate under their own terms.
All members of Shadow Company have formal military experience and are experts in their field.
Who Are The Shadow Company Operators Coming To Modern Warfare and Warzone?
Shadow Company will bring with it a trio of operators with a diverse range of skills.
Shadow Company consists of Rozlin “Roze” Helms (formerly Jackals), Velikan, and Marcus “Lerch” Ortega, the Company’s leader.
The Activision Blog has some interesting details on each of the operators, check it out below:
- Lerch hails from Plano, Texas and is a former member of the U.S. Marine Corps. Known on the battlefield for his enthusiasm and success in regards to eliminating the enemy, it was better to have Lerch with you rather than against you. Following USMC, civilian life didn’t suit Lerch, so he re-entered the fight in the private sector and is considered a one-man force multiplier. When the Shadow Company CEO came across Lerch’s dossier, he was the perfect combination of skill and moral flexibility. There’s no contract Lerch won’t take on nor challenge he won’t face which is how he finds himself in Verdansk leading the other Operators of Shadow Company.
- Not much is known about Velikan. Dressed in full body armor for protection in battle and to hide his identity, little is confirmed about this Operator. A shadow of a shadow. Tales of his exploits are written off as fairytales at best and gross exaggerations at worst. Those who know him never speak ill of him. Whether it’s due to fear or respect, no one knows.
- Rozlin “Roze” Helms joined the Shadow Company after migrating from the Allegiance faction Jackals. Previously, Roze cut ties with the Armed Services and returned to support her family and ailing father. Periodically in contact with Mace, now a PMC who left the Army after abandoning his post in protest of combat orders he deemed illegal, Roze gained entry into the Jackals mercenary group. Now Roze is letting her skill prove her worth as she provides support to Shadow Company while remaining on cordial terms with Mace.
Season 5 Battle Pass Rewards
There will be 100 Tiers of content, some of which will be free, but the rest requires players to purchase the Pass for 1,000 CoD Points.
The Battle Pass traditionally features an array of weapons, blueprints, emblems, stickers, charms, calling cards, watches, operator skins, vehicle skins, finishing moves, XP tokens and COD Points.
Each pass has had a featured Operator for you to obtain as an instant reward with a special skin once you reach max rank; this season features Lerch.
Rodion also shows his alliance to Shadow Company with the “Archangel” skin and Mission.
As well as Lerch’s evolving skin and Rodion’s “Archangel” outfit, expect a number of additional skins (with associated Operator Missions) as you progress through the Battle Pass.
There’s the “Safeguard” Otter skin, “Lynx” Domino skin, Joint Task Force Mil-Sim skin, “Honcho” Yegor skin, “Pursuit Special” Wyatt skin, “Chill Pill” Syd skin, “Jackdaw” Talon skin, and the “Cut and Run” skin for Iskra. Lastly, if you’re wanting to defeat a foe with a savaging from the jet-black beak of an attack Raven, be sure to equip the “Nevermore” finisher!
The ultimate Season Five Battle Pass reward is the “Rook” skin for Roze, as well as “The Veil” vehicle skin, and more. Shoot for “The Company’s Might”; negative tracer rounds for Assault Rifle Lima to fill your foes with fear as well as projectiles!
The Season Five Battle Pass system enables you to obtain two new weapons: the ISO SMG (Tier 15) and the AN-94 assault rifle (Tier 31) that all players in Modern Warfare including Warzone can earn for free, just for playing the game.
This season, players can also get a trio of Wartracks to play whilst driving vehicles. Expect a dark and brooding look to many of the Battle Pass items in-keeping with the arrival of Shadow Company.
These include a variety of vehicle skins like the “Tarrasch” (ATV) and “Siege Tower” (Cargo Truck). Continue your matte black vehicle collection with the “Night Ranger” (SUV) skin. Check out all the vehicle skins in the Battle Pass system and equip them in the Vehicle Customization menu.
You'll be able to purchase 20 Tier skips for 2,400 CoD points, too.
If you managed to grind your way through the battle pass for Season 4, you should have earnt enough points to buy the Season 5 pass for free.
The Spec Ops mode is receiving less love as time goes on, although a few new maps have been added to the survival mode.
There are no planned updates for Spec Ops this time around.
Season 5 Operators
A new season means new Operators and as more campaign characters are added to the mix, there are plenty that could still arrive.
Last season we had Captain Price starring alongside Gaz and Roze, but who could join alongside him?
Shadow Company will be joining the new season with Marcus “Lerch” Ortega as the Battle Pass Operator with Velkin and Morte arriving later on.
In the mid-season update, we'll also be getting Morte, who is a spaghetti western-loving gunslinger ready to lay down the law for the Coalition.
Sergio “Morte” Sulla hails from Italy and is a skilled tracker who loves the Old West. Served with the legendary Col Moschin paratrooper regiment in Italy before being selected to join Warcom.
Season 5 Game Modes
The new season arrived with Bare Bones and S&D Double Down.
Now we're getting more new modes.
Ground War Gets Reinforced
In this Ground War mode variant, three flags are positioned towards the centre of the map, in a similar manner to Domination mode.
If you or a teammate are downed, you enter Spectator mode instead of respawning, rejoining the battle only after a new flag is secured by your teammates. Claim all three flags and you automatically win the round. Win enough rounds, and your massive platoon will all earn the victory.
Gunfight tournament winners will be rewarded with XP, high tier cosmetic rewards, and bragging rights as victors of the summer tournament.
All players can join in the tournament during the Free Access Weekend from August 28 to September 2 featuring the Gunfight Tournament playlist.
Check out our Season 5 guides here: