Ubisoft's Battle Royale is finally here, offering players the chance to explore a huge, technologically advanced city and use all kinds of crazy hacks.
Available for free on Xbox One, PC and PS4, players can jump in right now!
Here's everything you need to know about Hyper Scape:
Hyper Space #1 Comic Book Tie-In - 2nd September
Game Live on Xbox One and PS4! - 11th August
Check out the full patch notes here.
Open Beta Patch Notes - 13th July
- Harpy - The Harpy is a new SMG capable of doing large damage at short range. It has a limited magazine at low fusion level but a fast reload speed.
- Salvo - Proximity detonation radius reduced to 0.7R, down from 0.9R.
- Shockwave - Shockwave is a new versatile Hack that allows you to trigger a ranged AoE shockwave that will propel players in all directions.
- Haste - Haste is a new Game Event added for Twitch viewers through the Crowncast Extension. Once chosen by viewers it will boost the navigation speed of all Contenders for a while. It is cumulative with any other speed boost given by Melee or any other ability and will affect Echoed Players as well.
- Low Gravity - Low Gravity Game Event duration reduced to 35s, down from 50s.
Game Mode and Systems
Showdown and Crown:
- Collapsed Sector damage is now x5 during Showdown
- Crown bearer now has a global Hack Cooldown Time increase of +33%.
- Only 4 Ammo pickups are now necessary to reach max ammo capacity, down from 6 pickups.
- The Weapon Swap hold timer has been reduced to 0.5s, down from 0.8s.
Crowncast Twitch Extension
- Viewers on Twitch will be able to progress their Battle Pass through simply watching their favourite streamers.
- You will need to be watching a Hyper Scape stream with the Crowncast Extension activated and have your Uplay account linked.
- This will allow you to claim points at the end of every match.
- There is a limit on the amount of Battle Pass points you can collect through Twitch.
New Content to Unlock:
- New free Battle Pass with 30 tiers, including cosmetic only and exclusive items that players will keep after the Open Beta.
- This BP includes Twitch Prime rewards - you need to be a Twitch Prime member to unlock these.
- Daily Shop is now open! Any content purchased during Open Beta will, of course, remain in your inventory at full launch.
For all the details, check out the full patch coverage here.
Open Beta Is Now Live - 12th July
The open beta for Hyper Scape is now LIVE on PC!
It starts with a free 30 tier battle pass!
More Hacks On The Way - 8th July
Hyper Scapes official Twitter has confirmed, after an AMA, that the game will be adding more hacks in the future.
Console Version Coming This Summer -7th July
Hyper Scapes official Twitter has confirmed, after an AMA, that the game will be arriving on consoles this summer.
Patch Notes - 6th July
The first patch has arrived for Hyper Scape during its beta and we've got the patch notes right here.
The highlights include:
- Hexfire overall damage reduction
- Hexfire contextual movement spread in hip-fire (run, sprint & in-air states) has been slightly increased
- Skybreaker damage lowered
- Salvo small damage reduction
- Komodo damage increased
- D-Tap rate of fire has been increased - both in Hip-fire & ADS
- Armor hack has been changed to be less powerful
- Mine’s overall reactivity improved
What Is Hyper Scape?
This is a new free-to-play Battle Royale FPS set in a futuristic virtual world, in 2054.
This new fast-paced AAA multiplayer game is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal.
Eagle-eyed fans have already uncovered a website for the in-game organisation Prisma Dimensions, along with information about the battle royale mode.
"Prisma Dimensions is thrilled to bring you the first iteration of the Hyper Scape on July 2nd - and with it, the pulse-pounding action of Crown Rush! Get ready to drop into the neon-drenched streets of the world’s premiere virtual city, Neo Arcadia. You’ll want to hit the ground running, as you’ll need every advantage you can find to give yourself a leg up on the competition. Only the best contenders will make it to the final showdown. Will you claim victory, or fall to the perils of the Hyper Scape?"
The game will feature 60 tick rate servers with cross-platform play. Gameplay does not feature any form of skill-based matchmaking, but it is something the developers are looking into.
The game launched as a full release on August 11, finally arriving on PS4 and Xbox One.
The first season of Hyper Scape will come alongside the games full release.
Players are already excited to see what the first season of the game will bring and if any big updates are being planned.
Let's check all the details we know so far for Hyper Scape's upcoming first season.
Season One Release Date
Season One will be released alongside the games full release on August 11th 2020.
The open beta will close on the 2nd of August at 11:59 pm PT.
Crown Rush is Hyper Scape's main mode.
100 players are thrown into a Battle Royale map called Neo Arcadia.
It's been confirmed that new limited-time modes are coming in the first season of the game.
There has been no confirmation that new weapons will be added in the first season of the game.
However, let's hope Ubisoft implement some new weapons into the game because the selection of weapons is becoming stale quickly.
This is exciting as Hyper Scape's hacks is an element of the game that separates it from other FPS's in the genre.
Crossplay? Console Release
Hyper Scape is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in Season One.
Here's the trailer for Hyper Scape's opening season.
Crown Rush is the main in Hyper Scape.
100 players are thrown into a Battle Royale map called Neo Arcadia.
Crown Rush can be played solo or in a squad.
Here are all of the weapons available in Hyper Scape:
- D-Tap - Pistol
- Riot One - Pistol
- Mammoth MK 1 - Shotgun
- Ripper - Rifle
- Hexfire - LMG
- Protocol V - Sniper Rifle
- Salvo EPL - Grenade Launcher
- Skybreaker - Rocket Launcher
Hyper Scape has a similar looting system to other Battle Royales out currently. Players have to search the map to find weapons.
However, a difference in Hyper Scape is the presence of Hacks.
These are game-changing abilities that offer offensive, defensive and utility-based powers.
A player can hold two hacks at any time and switch at any point throughout the game.
If a player finds a hack or weapon that they already have, these weapons or hacks fuse to form an upgraded version.
Death and Resurrection
After dying in Hyper Scape, you are not simply a spectator like in other games, you become an Echo.
Becoming an Echo allows the player to scout ahead for their squad, however, they cannot engage in combat.
Once an enemy squad is defeated, a respawn point will appear allowing a player to leave the Echo form and resume in the action.
The setting of Hyper Scape is Neo Arcadia, a virtual, shimmering city designed to encourage vertical gameplay and fast-paced combat.
The map is filled with a range of landscapes to traverse, from skyscrapers to cramped interior rooms.
Players are dropped into the map in their personal deployment pod.
Similar to Apex Legends, in certain locations players have a higher chance of finding better gear. However, these increased rewards come with the risk of more players to fight.
The Showdown Phase
Once the ring has finally decayed to its final form and the last squads or players remain, the Showdown Phase will occur.
A crown will then spawn in the final area of the map.
In this phase, players have two methods of gaining victory.
They can either capture the crown and survive with it for 45 seconds.
Or, they can eliminate all other players in the final area.
The game will be coming to PC, Xbox One and PS4.
The console version of the game will be releasing this Summer, however, no specific date has been revealed.
If you watch Twitch streams during the PC Open Beta with the Twitch extension, you can unlock rewards on the Battle Pass.
These rewards will be available to collect on the console for the Summer launch.
The game will feature crossplay and cross-platform progression between PC and consoles.
The game is free-to-play and will not require you to purchase it. However, it wouldn't be a surprise to see in-game purchases, as is the nature with most Battle Royale games.
Twitch Integration And Crowncast Commands
Hyper Scape is said to be built with streamers in mind in a full partnership with Twitch.
It will feature never seen levels of integration from a big game before.
Twitch chat, among other things, will be able to directly impact the game live with game-changing events.
Much like Valorant, Ubisoft has invited hundreds of streamers, pro gamers and YouTubers to play the game (as well as selected press). We can expect gameplay footage next week.
Guides And Tutorials
Looking for help with Hyper Scape? Check out our guides and tutorials right here: