Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4's new update, v14.20, will bring even more content and allow the story to develop even further.
Despite the new update only just released, a new one is already on the way!
Our current Marvel Comics season is introducing new heroes and superhero-themed content including skins, cosmetics and weapons such as Wolverine and Thor.
With this being the last season before the next-generation of consoles, it's certainly an exciting one to make the transition happen; we may get a good idea of what next-gen Fortnite has
Although you may not get to play with them for long as Galactus, the destroyer of worlds, makes his way to the island.
Can our heroes save the day or will this be the end of Fortnite as we know it?
In amongst all of the exciting content, we're also ready for plenty of quality of life improvements in the patch notes.
Here's what we know about the next season.
Find out more about Season 4 by clicking the links below:
Keep up to date with the latest Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 information right here or checking out our countdown.
Hulk Smashers Pickaxe Bug - 29th September
A new bug has been discovered with the Hulk Smashers Pickaxe and is being resolved in a future update!
Mystique's Dual Auto Pistols Leaked - 28th September
Maintenance Patch Deploying - 25th September
A maintenance patch is deploying on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Android.
This patch includes a Party Royale visual fix, re-enables the HUD Scale option that went missing on console and PC, and enables NVIDIA Reflex for available PC drivers.
v14.30 Added To Staging Servers - 24th September
@ShiinaBR has pointed out that the new update has arrived in the staging servers, which usually means the update is arriving within a week!
New Item Shop Inventory - 23rd September
FireMonkey on Twitter has posted a mockup of everything that’s getting added to Fortnite’s item shop tomorrow, September 24. No Blade skin — yet.
Gnome Hidden Questline Assets - 23rd September
New Modes - 23rd September
- Solid Gold Team Rumble
- Unvaulted Team Rumble
- Siphon Team Rumble
- One Shot Team Rumble
- Air Royale
New Battle Bus - 23rd September
New POI - 23rd September
A new landmark called 'Superstore' has emerged at Holly Hedges.
The Prison Transport Truck is now open for some reason.
New Items, Weapons, Vaulted And Unvaulted Weapons - 23rd September
- Midas Flopper (1% spawn chance)
- Gift Boxes
- Weapons Pool
- Pump Shotgun (Legendary) 9.09% chance
- Assault Rifle (Legendary) 9.09% chance
- Burst Assault Rifle (Legendary) 9.09% chance
- Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle (Legendary) 9.09% chance
- Consumables Pool
- Med Kit (Uncommon) 25% chance
- Small Shield Potion (Uncommon) 25% chance
- Shield Potion (Rare) 32.5% chance
- Bandage Bazooka (Epic) 10% chance
- Weapons Pool
- Rare Scoped Assault Rifle
- Uncommon Scopre Assault Rifle
v14.20 Map - 23rd September
All New Cosmetics - 23rd September
Music Packs And Wraps
Patch Notes - 23rd September
Check out the new patch notes for the V14.20 update via claystehling.
Blade Being Added As A New Hero? - 23rd September
In the latest patch notes, specific letters were highlighted in red. When put together, this spelt out 'Daywalker' - hinting that Blade will be coming.
A new Blade Bundle has also been discovered
A new challenge has also been found "Sniped an opponent as Blade".
Fortnite v14.20 Update - 22nd September
A new Fortnite update’s coming early on Tuesday morning.
According to Epic’s official Fortnite Status Twitter account, “v14.20 is scheduled for tomorrow, September 23. Downtime will begin at 4 a.m. ET (08:00 UTC).”
New Corrupted Wrap? - 22nd September
@FortniteGame has tweeted the Corrupted Legends pack, speculating that a weapon wrap will arrive to fit with it.
BTS x Fortnite Emotes Leaked - 22nd September
Clouds Coming Soon? - 13th September
VastBlastt noted that 'Volumetric Clouds' were added into the game files during the V14.10 update.
These are the clouds you can see during the Chapter 2 Season 3 trailer back in June!
More Super Heroes Confirmed - 27th August
Encrypted Grotto Stages - 27th August
Looks like there are 4 encrypted Grotto stages! Could it drain overtime?
- pak1007 - 43.69MB
- pak1006 - 33.53MB
- pak1000 - 22.04MB
- pak1001 - 20.77MB
When Does Fortnite Season 4 Chapter 2 Start?
Season 4 of Fortnite began on the 27th August 2020.
v14.20 will likely arrive on the 24th September - but this is not confirmed.
v14.10 arrived on the 10th of September at 9am BST.
The new season will run until the 11th December 2020.
Guides & Tutorials
Need some help with Fortnite? Check out our various guides and tutorials right here!
- Tips And Tricks And How To Get Better At Fortnite
- How To Level Up Fast In Fortnite
- How To Win A Game In Fortnite
- How To Get FREE Skins And V-Bucks In Fortnite
- How To Merge Your Accounts In Fortnite
- How To Log Out Of Fortnite Mobile For iOS or Android
- How to Show Your Ping In Fortnite
- How To Download Fortnite On Android
- Fishing Guide – How To Fish And Find Weapons
- Name Change Guide - How To Change Your Epic Display Name
- Split Screen Guide - How To Play Couch Co-Op On PS4 and Xbox One
- Cross-Play Guide: How To Cross-Play Between PC, PS4, Xbox, Switch and Mobile
- How To Gift The Battle Pass In Fortnite
- How to Party Assist In Fortnite
- How to Get Supercharged XP In Fortnite
- How To Hack Stark's Robots
- Map Guide, New POIs, Where To Land And More
- How To Build Fast, Building Tips and Tricks, Farm Materials And More
- How To Win In The New Season
Update Download And Size
v14.10 update size:
- PS4 - 3.4GB
- Xbox One - 3.64GB
- PC - 12.6GB
- Switch - 3.5GB
- Android - 1.2GB
v14.00 update size:
- 21.4GB for PC
- 10GB for PS4
- 12GB for Xbox One
- 14GB for Nintendo Switch
- 1.8GB for Android
Check out our update download guide to get the update as fast as possible.
Check out all past patch notes from Chapter 2 Season 4 here.
v14.20 Patch Notes
Here are the new fixes based on the Fortnite community Trello board:
- Battle Royale Issues
- Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
- Some players on PlayStation 4 may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
- Fishing Spots can disappear on PC with Effects set to Low.
- On PC, having your "Effects" setting set to "Low" can make Fishing Spots disappear, even at close range. (Fishing Spots should still appear normally with Effects set to Medium or above.)
- Heroes Park and Ghost House don't count as Discovered Locations after discovering them.
- Heroes Park and Ghost House don't count as Discovered Locations after discovering them.
- Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
- Creative Mode Top Issues
- Grass is not removed when placing objects on the ground
- Some players are not granted items from a "team settings" and inventory device at the beginning of any round after the first round.
- Save The World Top Issues
- Redline Ramirez's Commander Perk doesn't apply its fire rate buff to charged Sniper Rifles. This includes the Boom Bow.
- Mobile Top Issues
- The visibility of Fishing Spots can be inconsistent at close range on Nintendo Switch and Android, sometimes disappearing then reappearing.
Chapter 2 Season 4 Storyline
The story in Fortnite has always been extremely bizarre and inventive. But it is undoubtedly one of the most appealing aspects of the game and what makes it one of the most interesting Battle Royale games to date.
In the build-up to Season 3, Midas activated the Device which changed the surrounding Storm into a tsunami. The Tsunami engulfed the island in water and flooded major locations on the map, destroying the Agency.
This was overtaken by A.L.T.E.R/SHADOW with E.G.O/GHOST fleeing and starting a rebellion at the new Fortilla POI.
As the season has progressed, cameo appearances from Aquaman, Balck Manta, Captain America and Blakebeard arrive as well as the water levels decrease.
A new underwater castle called Coral Castle appears and a spaceship after the water depletes even further. The spaceship blasts off after players completed the corresponding challenges but crash-lands at Weeping Woods.
Moving into Season 4, the story sees Thor teleport many popular Marvel heroes to the island in order to stop Galactus from consuming the map.
Recognisable Marvel locations are now appearing around the map via rifts, as well as beacons now activating to teleport other famous landmarks to the island.
After being decrypted in the most recent Fortnite patch, it's still unknown whether 'Hightower' is a codename or the official name for the new live event.
This new event has been accompanied with strange markings around the map. So what are they? A few theories have popped up.
It appears to be some kind of Celtic knot, however, player speculation is pointing towards the mark left scorched onto the earth when Marvel's Thor comes and goes via the bifrost.
Fans have also pointed out its resemblance to the markings on the Crested Cape back bling (released in 2018)
CRESTFALLEN: Is the Marvel theme just a dream?
The Crested Cape was awarded to owners of the Battle Hound outfit, which is Celtic themed.
So perhaps the new event has something to do with Celtic history.
Is Midas returning in the new season?
Evidence would suggest he's not done with Fortnite yet, despite seeing him being bested by a shark in the Season 3 trailer.
After activating the device, he flooded the island, causing old locations and POI’s to be completely submerged, removing Ghost locations around the map.
There is a boat around the edge of the map with posters of Ghost and Midas that could hint at his return. Perhaps the Hightower event will reveal more.
The biggest evidence that he will return is the 'Last Laugh Bundle'.
The Midas character will be returning with the Last Laugh Bundle, which features The Joke, Poison Ivy and Midas.
JOKES ON YOU: Midas isn't done yet
Not to mention that old Midas skins remain untouched.
What's immediately noticeable is that he has a new armour set, which could indicate he was wounded by the shark.
@StonewallTabor has informed us that a Midas Fish will be added to the next season.
It's reportedly ultra-rare (maybe not as rare as the Mythic fish) but still very rare.
Upon eating it, all of your weapons will turn legendary.
New POIs have been added in the new map update:
- Sentinel Graveyard
- Doom's Domain
Pleasant Park has been the unlucky location that will make way for Doom's Domain.
There are also a number of new POIs that have been added:
- Mjolnir Crater
- The Collection
- Panther Monument
- Heroes Park
- Stark Industries
HAMMER TIME: Only the worthy can lift Mjolnir
Here are all of the new weapons and weapon changes in Season 4:
- Fire Trap - when triggered, deals damage to nearby enemies and launches dangerous fireballs (50 damage, 7 second reload time)
- Pump Shotgun - all rarities
- Pro Fishing Rod
- Epic Shockwave Grenade
- Boogie Bomb - Rare
- Bouncepad - Rare
- Combat Shotgun - drop rate is significantly low
- Revolver - Legendary/Epic variants
- Scoped Assault Rifle - Rare/Uncommon
- Tactical SMG - Epic, Rare, Uncommon
- Legendary Rocket Launcher (v14.10)
- Launch Pad
- Tactical Shotgun - all rarities
- Pistol - Epic/Legendary
- Rapid Fire SMG - Rare/Epic/Legendary
- Submachine Gun - all rarities
- Hunting Rifle - Epic Legendary
- Stink Bomb
Marvel Hero Abilities:
- Groot's Bramble Shield - be enveloped in Groot's embrace, block incoming damage and heal nearby players.
- Dr Doom's Mystical Bomb - Conjure and throw a large ball of arcane energy that explodes on impact
If the new season does follow the Marvel theme, we've seen the following weapons wielded by players that could return again:
- Captain America’s Shield
- Iron Man’s Repulsor Gauntlets
- Thor’s Stormbreaker
- Hawkeye’s Bow
The recent Hulk Smashers and Hulkbusters were added for those that played the Marvel's Avengers beta as a wearable harvesting tool.
HYPEX was able to find an interesting set of files back during June.
A new shotgun is in the works with the code name ‘Dragon Shotgun’.
This new boomstick will come in Epic and Legendary variants only and will fire four bullets.
Season 4 includes the following Mythic Weapons:
- Silver Surfer Board - launch into the air and carve up the skies
- Stark Industries Supply Drone
- Stark Industries Energy Rifle
- Venoms smash and grab
- Wolverine's Claws
- Air Dash
- Storm's Tornado Launch
- Black Panther's Kinetic Armour
- Doctor Doom's Arcane Gauntlet
- She Hulk's Fists
- Mystique's Dual Auto Pistols
- Thor's Mjolnir Strike
- Iron Man's Repulsor Gauntlet
- Iron Man's Unibeam
What skins await us in the new season will entirely depend on the theme we have instore and how generous Epic are feeling.
We may also get a Peely banana Wolverine skin based on the hilarious meme.
According to @FNBRHQ we will be getting Marvel comic heroes and not those from the MCU.
Comic Thor will be included in the game, likely to feature as a skin, as well as X-Men storm cosmetic.
One of the rewards in the Battle Pass is alleged to be a Groot skin, according to @xkleinmikex.
The recent comic book has confirmed the following skins:
- Iron Man
- Dr Doom
- Lady Sif
Season 4 Starter Pack
If we're heading down the Marvel theme, we could see some great skins on display:
- Balck Widow Outfit
- Captain America
- Star-Lord Outfit
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Could Black Widow return in Season 4?
If the theme is just superheroes, we could see some more Fortnite based hero skins return such as:
- Squad Leader
- Rust Lord
VENTURE ON: Fortnite's take on superhero skins
Given that so many DC skins have been releasing towards the back end of Season 3, it would be a surprise to see them feature heavily in the next season.
One skin players were hoping to get during Season 3 was the Agent Jonesy skin, which has yet to release.
Agent Jonesy was featured during the Season 3 cutscene after the Device event.
Most skins are released 30-60 days after they are discovered, so Agent Jonesy could arrive in the next season.
Cosmetics, Pickaxes, Gliders, Emotes, 'Brellas
Looking to unlock the awesome new skins and cosmetics? Here's how to do it:
- How To Unlock Thor Guide - Mjolnir And God Of Thunder Emote
- How To Unlock Jennifer Walters Crimson Skin And She-Hulk Gamma Overload Emote
- How To Unlock Storm Punk Skin And Gale Force Emote
- How To Unlock Wolverine Classic Skin
- How To Unlock Dr Doom God Emperor Skin And Victory Von Doom Emote
- How To Unlock Mystique Tactical Skin And Shapeshifter Emote
Photo via @FBNRHQ
Photos via @HYPEX
Photo via @FNInformation
Mighty Marvel 'Brella
Fishing was first introduced at the start of Chapter 2 and appears to be getting some big love in the next season.
In general, Floppers have been nerfed, granting 40HP instead of 50.
New fishing strings were added as a part of the v13.40 update and it's likely the next season will put them to action.
@iFireMonkey informed us of the details.
- First Catch!
- No. #
- Personal Best!
- # cm
- Requires pro fishing rod
Over 30 new varieties of fish in the game code.
New Floppers include:
- Vendetta Flopper (marks nearby enemy)
- Spicy Fish (speed boost)
- Hop Flopper (low gravity)
- Jellyfish (splash nearby enemy health and shields)
- Shield Fish (gives shields)
- Thermal Fish (gives thermal vision)
- Midas Fish (makes all loot legendary)
We also got a Pro Fishing Rod.
The Fishing Book is also live.
Photo via @iFireMonkey
Some of these species of fish appear to be exclusive to certain biomes in the map.
This will mean if players want a specific type of fish they may have to travel to and locate certain areas.
The fishing rod can also be upgraded at the work bench.
The next theme in Fortnite will be Marvel Comics - focusing on Thor.
Here's a look at all past themes:
- Season 1: No Theme
- Season 2: Medieval
- Season 3: Space
- Season 4: Super Heroes
- Season 5: Worlds Collide
- Season 6: Halloween
- Season 7: Winter
- Season 8: Pirates
- Season 9: Future
- Season X: Time
- CH2S1: Doppelgangers
- CH2S2: The Agency
- CH2S3: Water/Flood
So if the Marvel theme doesn't come about, what is in store for us in the future?
The Hightower event could suggest a Celtic theme is on the cards.
If neither of these events happens, here are some theme suggestions we could see:
- Cops and Robbers
Comics will be placed around the map that players can collect and read during normal gameplay.
These comics will be Marvel related.
@iFireMonkey has posted information regarding comics after new data was added to the game.
Here are some scripts relating to comics:
- Pages To Export
- Current Panel
- View Mode
- Comic Reader
- Loading Spinner
- Save Data: Last Page
- Comic Clickable Zone
- Comic Panel Unit/Transition Type
- Get Current Page Number
- Get Number of Panels on Page
- Get Total Page Number
- Set Current Page
- Get View Mode
- Next/Previous Page Buttons
The Battle Pass will once again play an important part in the season and although we're unsure what it will include, we can expect plenty of skins, emotes, pickaxes and gliders.
The new Battle Pass will contain 100 tiers of content for players to complete over the span of the season.
The premium Battle Pas will cost 950 V-Bucks for the battle pass - this is about £7-8.
You can also obtain the Battle Pass Bundle, which will cost 2800 V-Bucks and rewards you with access to the first 25 tiers of the Battle Pass immediately.
Gifting the Battle Pass will cost $7.59 (without tax).
To go from Level 1 to Level 100 without buying ANY tiers you'll need to gain 7,570,000 XP total.
If you're not interested in spending money, you can complete the free battle pass; although it will come with considerably fewer rewards.
As usual, weekly challenges will arrive in-game to help players complete their Battle Pass faster, which usually lasts around 10 weeks.
There's also the secret skin, which typically has 5 weeks of challenges that players need to complete to unlock it.
Here are all of the challenges so far:
There are a number of unreleased Limited-Time Modes that have yet to arrive in the game.
Here's a list of modes we could see in Chapter 2 Season 4:
Season 5 will arrive when the battle pass for Season 4 ends - which is the 11th December.
As you can expect, we have no information on what the new season could hold for us - we'll update this page once we know more.