The update brought with it a wealth of content for players to enjoy.
However, the next season's Operators appear to have leaked and it's got a SERIOUS Splinter Cell vibe - one of Ubisoft's other famous Tom Clancy properties.
While it's a stretch to expect Sam Fisher's return to be in Rainbow Six, it's definitely an exciting prospect that the next Season could tie into Splinter Cell.
Here's what we know about Year 5 Season 3 in Rainbow Six Siege.
You can read all about Operation Steel Wave by clicking the links below:
The release date for Rainbow Six Siege's Operation Steel Wave is set to arrive sometime in September 2020 (based on the usual 3 month period between seasons).
This next Operation is due to be unveiled in August, with the usual Test Server trials to occur on PC for three weeks before launch.
However, Ubisoft has announced that development could be slowed and the season may be delayed to the recent COVID-19 pandemic.
The maintenance schedule may be similar to the past season, which will look like this:
- PC: 13:00 GMT | 9:00 AM EDT | 13:00 UTC
- XB1: 12:00 GMT | 10:00 AM EDT | 14:00 UTC
- PS4: 15:00 GMT |11:00 AM EDT | 15:00 UTC
Maintenance should last for roughly one hour.
Just like Operation Void Edge and Steel Wave, Season 3 will bring two new operators.
So who do we have in the fourth season? Rumours are that we're set to get an attacker with a drill camera and a defender with a robotic arm and laser gates. However, there's speculation that the Defender is an actually a Season 4 Operator.
In a recent video, a lot of new content was shown off and it seems to be a blend of Season 3 and 4 - in which order things are released is unknown for the most part.
The attacker for Season 3 looks suspiciously like Buck, many thinking that it was a Splinter Cell Elite Skin, but it appears to be a new Operator entirely - who is codenamed "Scout".
Photos via Maxnikit
Scout’s primary weapon is reportedly a new rifle called the SC3000X, despite displaying what is likely placeholder art of Fuze/Ace’s AK-12 assault rifle.
This rifle is the highly-customized rifle that Sam Fisher wields, reinforcing the Splinter Cell crossover; it will also be the first weapon added since Kali's sniper rifle in 2019.
Sam Fisher's SC-20K Assault Rifle
Scout's gadget has also been shown off, appearing to be a handheld launcher with a green-tinted sight (another Splinter Cell reference).
We presume this is the special camera launcher that can drill through walls.
Photo via Gamer Felonies
The second Operator, who's named Aruni, can tear down barricades with a single strike and punch holes in walls.
There doesn't seem to be a limit on this ability, currently - she will also be equipped with Dokkaebi’s Mk14 EBR.
Photo via PapaCapinya
Is this legit? PapaCapinya certainly seems to think so and reliable Siege leaker Kormora seems to back this up with what they have been told.
She is also equipped with a gadget called the Surya Gate, described only as a laser reinforcement.
It appears to be a device that can be positioned in certain locations to form a protective laser grid.
When Aruni approaches her device the grid lowers allowing her to pass through.
This gadget will allow her to control certain locations and force attackers to consider their movements across the map.
New Weapon Sights
Zer0Bytes' video also revealed a number of new weapon sights to be added to Siege.
It displayed the ability to magnify certain sights to individual settings of 1x, 3x, 4x, 5x and 12x.
This is a positive addition that will add another level of customisation to Siege's gameplay.
Skyscraper Map Rework
Zer0Bytes managed to capture full walkthroughs of both the reworked Chalet and Skyscraper.
Here is the walkthrough of the reworked Skyscraper:
Chalet Map Rework
Here is the walkthrough of the reworked Chalet:
Here are the details of the Chalet changes:
- The roof is accessible
- Attackers can rappel up to it
- Both attackers and defenders can vault up to it from an expanded bathroom balcony
- Big changes to the Kanine balcony
- A reinforceable soft wall into the office
- A barricaded window to an extended section of the catwalk, which now reaches the outside wall
- Boxes for cover on the balcony
- Trophy now has a staircase upstairs
- Master Bathroom / Jacuzzi is larger
- Dining is blocked from the kitchen/trophy hallway by a soft wall
- West Main double door is blocked off, either by a softwall or completely covered. An additional window is added by the staircase
- You can no longer shoot through stairs
- The lobby no longer has a doorway to bar, but rather a diagonal doorway that connects to both the old bar/game hallway with library stairs
- The external terrace (2F) previously above Trophy is replaced with a new room connected to the master bedroom by a single doorway - this is most likely where the Trophy staircase leads
- The doorway entrance to bathroom/jacuzzi now leads to this new room instead (note how the doorway is on the north wall now), but this isn't 100%
- The small connector room between 2F library hall and library only has one doorway now, as the west one is removed
- Bar is now much larger, with the double door to lobby replaced by a small one connecting to the lobby area near the bar, and another small one that likely connects straight to games. The double doorway to bar/games hall is replaced by a single doorway leading to the hallway junction.
- The plants in the T-Section / catwalk area are missing, and the north portion of the catwalk extends east to the external wall, where a barricaded window (mentioned above) gives access to the Kanine balcony
Tachanka Elite Skin
Tachanka appears to be getting a shirtless Elite Skin in the next season.
New Season 3 Features
- New hard breaching gadget for attackers
- 417 (French DMR) with the M249 scope
- Splinter Cell looking Nokk headgear
Event And Arcade Playlist
In Operation Void Edge, we received the Golden Gun arcade playlist.
It's yet to be confirmed what will arrive in the next season.
Year 5 Road Map
Year 5 Pass
So what does the Year 5 pass include?
- 1-year* VIP Membership
- 6 new Year 5 operators
- 6 headgear and 6 uniforms
- 1 R6 Charm
- 1 Seasonal Weapon skin
- 1 full Operator Bundle (Jäger Byte)
- 7-day early access to each season's new Operators
- 10% discount in in-game shop**
- 5% Renown boost
- 30% discount and 30% faster progression on Battle Passes
- 0,3% Alpha Pack Boost
If you're looking to get more Renown or improve your gameplay, check out our guides here:
- Iana Guide
- Oryx Guide
- Best attackers and defenders RANKED
- Best Attackers
- Best Defenders
- Weapon Tier List And Best Weapons For Year 5
- Best Weapon Attachments
- How to Lean
- How to change server and fix connection issues
- How to unlock gold camo for weapons
- How to improve aim on all weapons
- Get Renown guide
- Black Ice weapon skin guide
- Melee Guide