Escape from Tarkov, the shooter/RPG from Battlestate Games, is becoming increasingly popular among players and streamers alike, offering a hardcore shooter experience with a wealth of tactical depth and addictive looting.
With player progress being reset as part of "The Wipe", developer Battlestate has begun implementing plenty of changes - and patch 0.12.6 is a big one. Here's everything included.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PS5 news here!
Escape From Tarkov: Patch 12.6 Notes
As taken from the team's forum post, here are all the changes - with the full patch number being 0.12.6.7456.
Posted Wednesday at 09:12 PM
Tomorrow at 11.00 Moscow time, we plan to start installing patch 0.12.6.7456.
This will take from 3 to 5 hours, and the game will be stopped for this time.
There will be a global wipe of characters. The wipe will not affect the saved weapon presets and examined items in the handbook.
List of changes:
- “Captcha” was added to the flea market.
- If there are suspicious actions at the flea market and in the trade, a captcha may appear.
- If you enter the captcha incorrectly three times, the account will be blocked from accessing the flea market for 5 minutes, after which you will need to enter the captcha again to buy the item.
- Each subsequent three times incorrect entry will increase the time of the ban.
- Access to trading will not be banned, but it will require entering a captcha.
- All stashes, for all editions, increased by 2 rows (+20 cells)
- Improved the display of objects via thermal imaging devices. Through thermal imagers, now, as in real life, it is impossible to spot through the glass.
- Ability to lean while prone
- Added the first iteration of Steam Audio, aimed at improving the positioning of sound in game, it can be turned on with the option “Steam Audio: Binaural audio” in the game settings. This option is disabled by default.
- Now you can't sell items that were not found in raid on the flea market . This rule will not apply to weapons.
- When combining stacks of items found in raid with items not found in raid, all items will receive not found in raid status.
- Items that are placed in a secured container get the status " found in raid” only when you exfil the location with the status “Survived” (“Ran through” is not counted).
- When you exit with the status "run through” or death, all items in your inventory that you brought out lose the "found in the raid” status
- If you enter a raid with items that have the "found in raid” status, the items lose this status.
- When buying an offer from the flea market, the item also loses the "found in raid” status
- The quest reward obtained by completing a quest, crafted in the hideout, the Drops, and items obtained through the scav box will have “found in raid” status
- All the Fence's goods will not have "found in raid” status
- A large number of UI layout edits and UI bug fixes
- The resource of items (fuel, medicine, etc.) is now displayed in the flea market interface
- Now the currency icons at the flea market are colored differently
- 5 new parts for the AR-15/M4, not available from merchants (you will have to search for them on locations and in the inventory of bots)
- New character tops and bottoms
- BEAR - top " Tigr”
BEAR - pants from " Zaslon” equipment kit
USEC - Urban Responder
USEC - Deep Recon pants
Scavs - Motocross Jacket
- New gear
- Various CPU optimizations
- Sound optimizations
- Optimization of casing, muzzleflashes
- Optimizing the creation of decals
- Improved behavior of ordinary scavs, now they can cooperate
- Fixed a bug that when a player falls into the bot's legs, the bot can’t hit him
- Fixed a bug where the Gluhar and his guards did not react to the enemy
- Fixed a bug where the Gluhar did not react to shots and the death of his guards
- Fixed a bug where the Shturman's guards did not take their positions
- The Sturman's guards will no longer rush between points while in peaceful behavior
- Bots no longer attack a player scav who has killed another player scav (the aggressor)
- Increased variety of bot patrol routes on locations
- A bug where the border of the interface elements were twitching
The mastering counter is now updated during the raid
- One of the bugs where player did not hear the fall of the grenade
- Ripples in the FLIR thermal imager
- Bug that would cause inability to open the inspector of items on quest items
- One of the bugs of incorrect calculation of the amount of money when purchasing an item
- Bug when a grenade would not fly through the window if you throw it too close to the window
- A bug where the character could pass through obstacles if player would switch to melee weapons while checking the weapon's fire mode
- Bug when the image in the inactive optics was frozen if several sights were installed
- Bug of inability to complete the quest if the player lost the connection to the server at the time of selecting the quest item
- Bug when the sight image was frozen after reconnect
- Visor audibility sounds, prone movement, third-person character shortness of breath
- Fixed at the flea market:
- Layering of the offer description in fleamarket UI
- Bug of deducting twice the number of items from the merchant, when buying two items
- Bug of overlapping the drop-down list of filters with elements of the offer list interface
- Improved display of the purchase limit
- Displaying the maximum number of items when purchasing a single offer with multiple items
- Bug of inability to buy several items for barter
- Fixed in presets
- Bug for selecting blocked offers, if you put a checkbox when purchasing items for a preset “Select all”
- Flea market interface block, when purchasing preset items, as a result of an error
Various other fixes
- Bug when a character could move to a prone position while jumping
- Blocking the examining of items if the player has started examining an item in the handbook
- Movement bug, when a character could increase their speed as a result of running and jumping
- A bug where the reconnect while indoors led to the fact that all sounds were not switched as indoor sounds
- Bug when there was no animation for a melee attack while prone
- Bug when a broken visor was visible against the background of the preset or modification screens in the Hideout
- Spamming AI error on the server, related to searching the bot's path
- Spamming error on the client “Graphics.CopyTexture called with null destination texture” when opening inventory
- Lack of sound when switching magnification on some scopes
- Error when the storage time of items in the email displayed a negative value when opening the window or receiving the mail
- Bug that didn't display the list of friends for invite to the group dialog
- Bug that caused deleted messages to appear in the dialog after sending new messages
- Fixed incorrect position of the “Old school" bottom clothing icon
- Various other bug fixes
A large number of fixes on locations (culling fixes, physical colliders, visual bugs, etc.)
Various localization edits
Various fixes in the animation system
Various network fixes
A large number of various technical fixes aimed at increasing the stability of the game
- Removed the audio notification about the completion of crafting during the raid
- Now you can't throw grenades while sprinting
- Changed the conditions for the status “Survived”. Now you need to stay in the raid for at least 10 minutes or gain at least 600 XP before leaving the location.
- Increased the amount of experience required for the first 20 character levels
- Simplified Jaeger's quests
- Changed various old quests, new rewards have been added
- A large number of rarity edits and chances of items spawn
- Increased the variety of items spawned in loot containers
- Improved the quality of loot issued for a successful extraction with a friendly Scav
- Various changes in the characteristics of items
- Various changes in the equipment of bots and the player scavs
- Various changes in loot spawn points locations
- Swedish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Swedish Emissary @tobiassolem
- Portuguese translation can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary and Moderator @FLP
- German translation can be found here. Thanks to our Community Representative for Germany @Hummz21
- Turkish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Tuskish Emissary and Moderator @Dimitri468
- Hungarian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Hungarian Emissary @Settenke
- French translation can be found here. Thanks to our French Emissary @titi4600
- Italian translation can be found here. Thanks to our Italian Emissary @ZioEnzo
- Spanish translation can be found here. Thanks to our Spanish Emissary @NoisyCosmos
- Korean translation can be found here. Thanks to our Korean Emissary and Moderator @lih2677
- Greek translation can be found here. Thanks to our Greek Emissary @ZermanGR
- Arabic translation can be found here. Thanks to our Arabic Emissary @TN-Punisher