Get ready, tactical shooter fans – Rainbow Six Siege is getting another new operation with Operation Steel Wave.
Kicking off in June, here are all the changes coming to the game.
Changes are coming to the new season including the Operators, tweaks, improvements and bug fixes.
- Clash's SMG will switch from having a red dot to using the reflex's green triangle.
- Removed the camera shake effect from Yokai's concussion effects.
- Length of concussion effect is no longer affected by movement. Now has a fixed duration of 10s and the intensity of the vision disruption stays fixed throughout the effect.
- Replaced the Deployable Shield with Impact Grenades.
- Increased base hp to 30 (from 5) for teammates revived by Finka's Nanoboost. DBNO Players will stand up with 50 hp (30 from own base hp + 20 from Finka boost).
- Added LFP586 secondary to loadout.
- Reduced LV Explosive Lance's fuse time to 1.5s (down from 2.5s).
- Improved CSRX 300 recoil through reduced weapon climb after each shot.
- Replaced P22 Mk5 with SPSMG9 in loadout.
- Added PR892 secondary weapon to loadout.
- Reduced damage taken when dashing through walls to 5 (down from 10).
- Bulletproof Camera replaced with new Proximity Alarm secondary gadget.
- Added angled grip option to Oryx's MP5.
- ELA, ZOFIA
- Eliminated the mouse sensibility modifier from concussion effect of the Bosak sisters' gadgets.
- Removed a Candela to bring it down to 3 (from 4 Candelas). - Changed for PC on 04-30-2020.
Tweaks And Improvements
Updates to Playlist Guides
The Ranked Guide will now reflect the current season and you will still be able to see all the ranked charm rewards, as well as your previous highest rank for the past 3 seasons.
Map rotations for both Ranked and Quickmatch will now also rotate automatically three times per season and the current map pool information will be displayed in the Playlist guides.
Localization recordings for the new Operators Ace + Melusi will not be available in French and Russian for the season release.
Even when the audio settings are set to French/Russian, players will hear the English voiceovers. Until this is updated, players can turn on the subtitles for Ace + Melusi until the game is updated with localized voices at a later date.
The Japanese localized voiceovers for Frost and Capitao have been updated to be more in line with the current Operators.
Match Cancellation is a new feature that will allow players to cancel their current Ranked match under the condition that team sizes are unbalanced at the beginning of the match (eg: if players disconnect before the first round, or if a lobby is formed with less than 10 players).
The Match Cancellation vote option will become available for the incomplete team during the prep phase and a majority vote will cancel the match. A cancelled match will show as cancelled and have no impact on MMR.
Abandon penalties are still in place and players who abandon an ongoing Ranked Match are still subject to escalating abandon sanctions.
If a match cancellation vote is triggered, leaving before the validation of the Match Cancellation vote will also result in an abandon penalty. Players should remain in the game until the Match Cancellation vote is validated and the game has been cancelled.
The Match Cancellation feature will first deploy to the seasonal TS for testing and will go live later in the season.
Changes to Ranked Clearance Level and Champion Rank Requirements
- Ranked clearance level changed from 30 to 50.
- To reach Champion Rank, players must have 5000 MMR and additionally, they now must have played at least 100 ranked matches in the current season.
By combo-ing increased clearance level requirements for Ranked together with the PvE XP level cap, it reduces the chances of cheating.
Improved Benchmarking Tool to deliver detailed performance reports about player’s hardware specifications and graphics settings. Please note that the values may differ from before as benchmarking is now performed on the map Oregon instead of House.