Fallout's MMO RPG is entering the seasonal business with Fallout 76 Season 1 "The Legendary Run".
After Fallout 76's big Wastelanders update finally arrived, it seemed the perfect opportunity to expand on the vast world of Appalachia.
With new events, quests, perks and more being added over the course of the next three seasons (taking us all the way to 2021), there's plenty to look forward to for any vault dwellers.
Here's everything coming in Season 1: The Legendary Run.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PS5 news here!
Fans Unhappy With Ammo Converter and Season Structure - July 2
Fallout fans have had a rough time with Fallout 76, but even this season has been no picnic.
For one, the game's ammo converter that lets you convert ammo into ammo for alternative weaponry. That's a welcome addition, but the machine requiring you to throw small amounts of ammo in at a time, paired with a slow-loading menu screen, makes it feel arduous.
Then there are the seasonal rewards pass themselves. Redditor maybe-some-thyme calculated that you'll need about 220,000 S.C.O.R.E points to max out the pass.
That's a lot, but it's even trickier when you consider completing every single daily and weekly challenge will earn you 215,000 - so you could live and breathe Fallout 76 and still not get all of the rewards.
Here's hoping Bethesda makes tweaks to these issues.
Fallout 76 Season 1 Release Date
The new season will begin on June 30th 2020 and will run through until mid-September.
The update is available on all Fallout 76 platforms including PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The Legendary Run
From the makers of Unstoppables Shindig, Blast Radius, and Catch the Commie comes The Legendary Run.
The Legendary Run is Fallout 76’s first Season and features a boardgame-inspired theme.
As Captain Cosmos, you will race the evil Dr. Zorbo across the galaxy. Your progression through the Season will be represented as pieces on a game board.
The Legendary run will run for 10 weeks with themes, rewards and challenges that refresh each season.
Features, Challenges And S.C.O.R.E
Each season will bring new progression of 100 ranks to reach, as well as exciting rewards like Atoms, Perk Card packs and unique cosmetics.
By completing daily and weekly challenges, you'll earn S.C.O.R.E which will allow you to rank up and claim a new-reward every time you do.
Challenges have been revamped and made easier to help you rank up faster - you'll be rewarded for things you already do (lifetime challenges have not been updated).
Rewards are available for every level, including a special reward every 10 levels (and some special numbers like 76).
There are over 40 new cosmetic items, in-game currency, Perk Card packs, Atoms and consumables.
You will also receive the following rewards for ranking up:
- Lunchboxes - a new consumable item that gives a +25% XP bonus to you and all nearby players as well as a random social buff.
- Social buffs can include things like +15% bonus damage to certain enemy types, 50% reduced hunger or thirst, enemies exploding into confetti instead of a bloody mess, etc.
- These buffs last for one hour, and the XP bonus can stack up to +100% if multiple players open Lunchboxes at once.
- Social buffs don’t stack with themselves, but you can have several active at once after opening multiple Lunchboxes.
- Ammo Converter - The Ammo Converter is unlocked at Rank 5, and it will allow you to exchange your unwanted ammo for ammo that you actually need!
- Find the Ammo Converter in the Resources section of your C.A.M.P. Build Menu. Once placed, you can access the Ammo Converter through the attached Terminal.
- In the Terminal, find the Ammo you want to convert and it will remove the specified count of Ammo and credit you with some AmmoPoints, up to a maximum.
- Exchange your stored AmmoPoints for your preferred type of Ammo.
- Other Players can use any Ammo Converter Terminal to access their stored AmmoPoints, so put one down for the convenience of your fellow Wastelanders!
- Vault-Tec Supply Packages – These are small bundles of crafting materials that will help give your scrap collection a little boost.
- Fireworks – Earn fireworks that you can set off anywhere in the world and light up the sky!
The update is completely free and requires no additional purchases.
However, players can skip ranks for 150 Atoms - available from 14th July.
Fallout 76 2020 Road Map
One of the main changes will be a new seasonal scoring system, similar to something like Fortnite's battle pass. Players will complete challenges to earn SCORE points and move around a boardgame inspired reward track called The Legendary Run.
According to Bethesda, “Challenges will be less complicated and easier to complete, typically involving activities players would complete by playing Fallout 76 as they normally would.”
The top tier is the "Captain Cosmos Dark Matter Power Armor Paint", but you can see all the rewards here.
With this being the introduction to seasons, expect things to ramp up – with a new boss event coming, as well as a "Public Teams" system to help you find friends to fight them.
We're also curious about "Legendary Perks", which could shift the tide of battle in your favour.