The latest challenger to drop into Apex Legends Season 5 is Loba, but we have no doubt you already knew that. What you don't know is how best to use her.
That's where we come in. Whether you're wanting to play as her or fight against her, you'll need to know exactly what she can do. Know your enemy, prepare for what she'll bring, or pack a surprise punch for less-prepared opponents.
Without further ado, here's how Loba can best bring her thieving ways to King's Canyon for your games of Apex Legends Season 5.
Here are all of Loba's abilities and what they do in Apex Legends battles:
Passive: Eye for Quality
- "Nearby Epic and Legendary loot can be seen through walls. The range is the same as Black Market Boutique."
- Loba's passive could prove invaluable when you're dropping hot and don't want to waste time going into rooms with low-tier loot.
Tactical: Burglar's Best Friend
- "Teleport to hard-to-reach places or escape trouble quickly by throwing your jump drive bracelet."
- This is where Loba really shines. Her teleportation bracelet gives her the ability to instantly reposition, either heading into the fray or away from danger.
- There is a little animation of her taking off and putting back on the bracelet before and after she uses the ability, but it's pretty much instantaneous.
Ultimate: Black Market Boutique
- "Place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot to your inventory. Each friendly or enemy Legend can take up to two items."
- While many of you who watched the trailer may have been more struck by the Legendary R-99 that Loba chose not to pick up, this is another incredibly useful ability.
- This ability scours all the loot in the area and allows players to take their pick - but beware, opponents can use it too!
Loba's abilities look incredibly strong, her loot hunting in the early game especially, and her Tactical looks better than Wraith's at this stage.
Burglar's Best Friend will see a lot of use, so be aware of that when entering a firefight with Loba. If you're planning on using the High Society Thief, get to the Firing Range and start practicing so you've definitely got the edge.
Best Weapon Pairing
Judging by her abilities, Loba's best weapons will likely be close-ranged, as she can zip in and out of firefights with ease. However, with her Passive and Ultimate abilities, she'll get pick of the bunch, so you can pretty much choose whatever weapon you want.
Here's what we think will work best:
- Yes, we're still thinking about that golden R-99 from Loba's trailer. It's going to be an incredibly powerful weapon, especially when Loba can grab it from a distance and teleport to cover if a fight doesn't go her way.
- The R-99 is one of the all-round best weapons for any Legend, but Loba's abilities push it to the next level when in her capable hands.
- Again, the Peacekeeper is a solid weapon in the hands of any Legend, but it is buffed immensely by Loba's teleporting ability.
- Getting up close and personal is a requirement for effective Peacekeeper usage, and Loba's teleport can close the distance between you and a target in record times.
- The Wingman does great damage at close-range and will be brutal in Loba's hands. Aim for the head, get some early knockdowns.
We have to give some honourable mentions to other great weapons - the Havoc, Prowler, and Devotion will always do well, and Loba will use them with great effect. A personal favourite going into Season 5 is the L-Star, but rumour has it that this could be on the receiving end of a nerf.
Best Teammates For Loba
Loba is best paired with Legends who compliment her abilities. For instance, there's little point pairing her with Wraith, as she won't need to use the portals.
Here are our picks for her best teammates:
- A great pick for any foray into King's Canyon, Gibraltar's abilities compliment Loba perfectly. For starters, his gun shield will protect him while providing supporting fire from range as you're fighting close-quarters.
- What's more, you can use your Burglar's Best Friend Tactical ability to get out of the way of Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment, or teleport into a Dome of Protection when you need to heal.
- We know, we know. They hate each other. Revenant killed Loba's parents and she's only here to seek revenge. But that doesn't stop them pairing up well in Apex Legends matches.
- When Loba inevitably teleports into a close encounter, Revenant can Silence their abilities to give you an even bigger edge.
- Also, who doesn't want a free revive via a Death Totem if that fight goes south?
- Loba can see loot through walls, but she doesn't know where the enemies are. That's where Bloodhound comes in.
- All three of their abilities help locate opponents, which can let you know where is best to teleport to, or if it's safe to open up the Black Market Boutique.
Best Map Locations To Drop With Loba
Loba will perform admirably when hot-dropping because her loot-finding abilities are far better than any opponent's - other than opposition Lobas, that is.
As such, we recommend the following map locations for the best start to an Apex Legends match:
- Market offers a central location with plenty of loot - the best of which you can see through the walls! Get the edge on your opponents by beating them to the best loot.
- Alternatively, if you're heading here late game, set up your Black Market Boutique on the roof to teleport the best weapons to you!
- Singh Labs is another hot-drop where Loba's abilities can help you outsmart enemies.
- Loba will be able to locate the Legendary weapon spawned in the Hot Zone each game, making it an attractive proposition.
Make sure to measure the distance from the flight path and communicate with your team to get the best starts to your Apex Legends matches.