In a unique twist to events, Wedding Season is being added to New Horizons to commemorate the most popular time of the year for weddings - extending from late spring and through to early fall.
Take a look at all we know about this event coming to New Horizons soon!
When Is Wedding Season In Animal Crossing New Horizons?
Wedding Season in Animal Crossing New Horizons has a tentative start date of June 1st, 2020 and is set to end on June 30th, 2020.
This is a lot shorter than what is considered prime-time wedding season in the real world, but gives players an entire month to take part in the season of love!
What Will Wedding Season Include?
Instead of actually getting married in New Horizons (which we know some players would love to do) you will be tasked with capturing some of the incredible photos of the newlyweds at Harvey's photo station.
When you load up your game Isabelle will announce that is wedding season and you will be rung by Harvey asking you to come to his island - which if you do not know, you can access by taking a free flight there whenever you please!
You’ll find Cyrus and Reese, who want you to take over staging and taking photos that recreate their past.
Since you are going to be taking photos of all the villagers looking to get married during the month of June, you are, of course, going to be compensated for your actions.
We do not know the full details about what is going to happen in Harvey's photography studio, however, the player will be in charge of taking photos for the Llama villagers Cyrus and Reese.
We can suspect that the player will be tasked with creating a magical background depending on what the couple is looking for.
Once you complete these tasks for the couple, you will be rewarded with some sweet wedding-themed rewards!
The Alpacas will reward you with some Heart Crystals and wedding-themed decorations.
We can also assume that this is not the only couple looking to get their photos taken during the month, so keep your eyes peeled for more information in the coming weeks!
Data Miners Reveal New Content
Recently, data miner Ninji revealed a bunch of unreleased features that are due to arrive in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Although some of it may be generic updates to come at a later period, he specifically said that "some of this might make it into the Earth Day update".
Here's what's to come in the future:
- Two extra museum upgrades are mentioned. All three levels (after the tent) appear to contain an art section.
- Two new stand-alone buildings related to the museum are coming: the museum shop and the museum cafe (which incorporates a Gyroid section).
- Redd appears to be returning and has a ship which will dock on the ‘secret beach’ at the north of the island. It also seems that you will be able to give him stuff.
- The ‘fake art’ mechanic will make a return to Animal Crossing.
- Bushes are returning, specifically mentioning azalea, hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, camellia, osmanthus (this list may change as they have already done between the 1.0.0 and 1.1.4 updates).
- Vegetables will be added, similar to fruit, such as tomato, wheat, sugar cane, potato, carrot, pumpkin.
- 1.0.0 has a file for a “Seafood” Critterpedia page that’s supposed to contain 33 items; the only one actually in the released game is the manila clam.
- A third Nook’s Cranny upgrade is referenced.
- Swimming/Diving is being added and will allow you to obtain fish (a different set from fishing) and seaweed. There’s a portion of the save file reserved to store them already!
- Unused shopping interfaces in the game include: ‘cGardening’, ‘cMuseum’, ‘cRealEstate’, ‘cGallery’.
- There’s a function that stores a ‘play report’ (Nintendo’s aggregate stats on gameplay) with three variants: get_recipe_diy, get_recipe_clothing, get_recipe_cooking - currently, only the DIY one is used so we could see the other two added.
- Some mentions of stuff here have been removed from 1.1 onwards; the list mentioning ‘FlowerBush’ and vegetable names has been modified to list ‘FlBu, V0, V1, V2, …’ instead, one mention of Redd’s shop has gone from
- ‘TShop’ is in what seems to be a list of doors that buildings can have. Since 1.1 they’ve added ‘WOffice’ as well, which isn’t actually used yet, but might be something they’re working on…
- There’s a list of types for items where every type is used in the game, except for “Art” and “Dishes”.
None of this can be confirmed officially and may change or just be excess code. But it's an exciting time to know that Animal Crossing still has a lot left to give us!
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back here for more information as it becomes available.