One of the newest events coming soon is May Day, where players will be able to have a once in a lifetime experience and visit a special island.
May Day is a public holiday in the real world, celebrated on the 1st May. It is an ancient and current festival of Spring in many European cultures featuring dances, singing and cake.
Let's check out all we know about the upcoming May Day event.
When Does May Day Start In Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
The May Day event is now live in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and begun on the 1st May and will run until the 7th.
With the event running for a week, players will have some wiggle room into when they are going to take their excursion.
The Nature Day event will continue to roll during this event until the 4th May.
In Animal Crossing for the GameCube and Animal Forest e+, the event was called "Spring Cleaning".
Also starting on the 1st May, Tortimer would give a Dump Model to the player
During this time, across the town, there are koi fish-shaped windsocks hung up to poles.
On this day, villagers might ask the player if they have been cleaning.
Something similar may occur during this period to ensure the event has more longevity.
What Will May Day Include?
The May Day event is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Animal Crossing players; they will be able to take a tour of a legendary island during this event.
Players will be given a one-time May Day ticket to cash in at the airport at any time during the week-long event.
These islands are vastly different then the normal islands you visit with your Nook Miles tickets, as well you will only have a limited time to explore this island. So, be sure to make every second count.
It also appears that Fran will make a return and could potentially be the mascot for this event, as he can be spotted sitting in the background during the trailer. This has also been eluded to by the official Nintendo Twitter account.
How To Get A May Day Ticket
During the May Day Event, all you'll need to do is head to the Resident Services building and speak to Tom Nook to learn about a themed May Day Ticket that can be used at the airport.
It will allow you to travel to a special themed island that cannot be accessed normally.
Now, just head to the airport, and Orville will give you a May Day ticket of your very own!
Completing The Maze
If you've had a go at the maze and you're still scratching your head.
Check out our guide here!
Data Miners Reveal New Content
Recently, data miner Ninji revealed a bunch of unreleased features that are due to arrive in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Although some of it may be generic updates to come at a later period. Some of which may appear in the May Day event.
Here's what's to come in the future:
- Two extra museum upgrades are mentioned. All three levels (after the tent) appear to contain an art section.
- Two new stand-alone buildings related to the museum are coming: the museum shop and the museum cafe (which incorporates a Gyroid section).
- Redd appears to be returning and has a ship which will dock on the ‘secret beach’ at the north of the island. It also seems that you will be able to give him stuff.
- The ‘fake art’ mechanic will make a return to Animal Crossing.
- Bushes are returning, specifically mentioning azalea, hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, camellia, osmanthus (this list may change as they have already done between the 1.0.0 and 1.1.4 updates).
- Vegetables will be added, similar to fruit, such as tomato, wheat, sugar cane, potato, carrot, pumpkin.
- 1.0.0 has a file for a “Seafood” Critterpedia page that’s supposed to contain 33 items; the only one actually in the released game is the manila clam.
- A third Nook’s Cranny upgrade is referenced.
- Swimming/Diving is being added and will allow you to obtain fish (a different set from fishing) and seaweed. There’s a portion of the save file reserved to store them already!
- Unused shopping interfaces in the game include: ‘cGardening’, ‘cMuseum’, ‘cRealEstate’, ‘cGallery’.
- There’s a function that stores a ‘play report’ (Nintendo’s aggregate stats on gameplay) with three variants: get_recipe_diy, get_recipe_clothing, get_recipe_cooking - currently, only the DIY one is used so we could see the other two added.
- Some mentions of stuff here have been removed from 1.1 onwards; the list mentioning ‘FlowerBush’ and vegetable names has been modified to list ‘FlBu, V0, V1, V2, …’ instead, one mention of Redd’s shop has gone from
- ‘TShop’ is in what seems to be a list of doors that buildings can have. Since 1.1 they’ve added ‘WOffice’ as well, which isn’t actually used yet, but might be something they’re working on…
- There’s a list of types for items where every type is used in the game, except for “Art” and “Dishes”.
None of this can be confirmed officially and may change or just be excess code. But it's an exciting time to know that Animal Crossing still has a lot left to give us!
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back here for more information as it becomes available.