This update is occurring on April 21, from 6am to 8am UTC. This means UK players should be able to jump back into their Fortnite matches from 9am.
While there are a few bug fixes and small updates Epic is adding to Fortnite games, the main reason for the update is the Travis Scott Astronomical event.
You're forgiven if those words mean nothing to you. We fully explain what this means below.
Travis Scott Astronomical Event
Travis Scott is an American rapper, singer, and producer. He's also the latest real-life person to feature in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Scott is debuting a brand new track as a part of the Travis Scott Astronomical event, which is the main addition to Fortnite in the v12.41 update.
Epic's website gives all the details: "From April 23-25, blast off into a one of a kind musical journey featuring Travis Scott and the world premiere of a brand new track."
"Astronomical is an other-worldly experience inspired by Cactus Jack’s creations, built from the ground up in Fortnite."
Even if you're not a fan, it's worth checking out, simply because you can grab a bunch of free rewards! Epic has already said that you can grab the Astroworld Cyclone Glider and two loading screens for free, just by attending the show, but dataminers such as Lucas7Yoshi have found some challenges to complete for more rewards:
- Dance for 10 seconds on the dance floor at The Yacht or Apres Ski - themed wallpaper
- Bounce off of different giant Astro Heads (5 times) - themed spray
- Visit the stage north of Sweaty Sands - themed banner
- Complete all three challenges to unlock the featured emote.
These are all very simple to complete, so get involved to grab some free swag! We're currently unsure of how to get the event skins, but they also seem to be a gift from Epic.
Fortnite Update v12.41 Patch Notes: Bug Fixes
Here are the bug fixes that we could be seeing in the v12.41 update for Fortnite:
- Local Challenges not appearing when entering new area.
- "Block damage with a Kingsman" Challenge not tracking progress.
- UI disappears if cancelling Ready Up while spectating.
Fortnite update v12.41 General and Creative issues:
- Midas' Golden Touch appearing in low resolution on weapon Wraps.
- Double-clicking item in the Chest tab may cause the game to crash.