GTA Online is the gift that keeps on giving, with near-constant updates landing seemingly each and every week.
With GTA 6 seemingly some way off, it's a good job that GTA Online allows you to live out your criminal fantasies – and with friends no less.
If you make yourself a VIP in-game, you'll be able to hire other players as your bodyguards and enjoy a life of luxury.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of Mobile content here!
How To Become a VIP In Grand Theft Auto Online
Needless to say, being a VIP doesn't come cheap. You'll need at least $1m in cash to become one – and you can expect to spend a lot of it recruiting players to your organisation.
If you've got the cash though it's relatively simple. As per Rockstar's official blog:
Open up the Interaction Menu and access 'SecuroServ', where you'll be given the option to register as a VIP. Choose this to become a VIP and name your Organization. When you go back into the Interaction Menu with your new status, you'll find the Option 'SecuroServ VIP' now available. From here, you can start living that VIP life.
Some things worth remembering:
- VIP statuses last for 4 hours of Freemode play. Time spent in Jobs or Heists does not decrease your VIP timer. Once the 4 hours are up, it's a 12 hour cool down period until you can be a VIP again.
- There can only be a maximum of 6 VIPs in a session at any time. If you join a session with 6 VIPs already active, you'll be given the chance to suspend your VIP status.
Once a VIP, the entry in the Personal Interaction menu changes simply to 'SecuroServ VIP'. From there, you will have access to the Hire Bodyguards option.
- You can hire and, if necessary, fire other players as your 'Bodyguards'. You can hire up to 3 Bodyguards to serve and protect your Organization at a time.
- If a Bodyguard betrays your organization or falls foul of your rule you can also end their employment via the "Terminate" option. The other Bodyguards in your organization will have 5 minutes to take out the black sheep.
- You won't be able to be in a session with another Organization with the same name and while there's the option of renaming your Organization, it comes at a cost, so make sure you're certain about your Organization's name before you begin operations.