Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 is ready for its biggest overhaul yet. And, as many people predicted, the secret agent theme of Season 2 has been continued with the addition of helicopters to your Battle Royale games.
Vehicles have been hit and miss in the past - with overpowered mechs and fairly useless planes - so we'll have to wait and see how the helis fare.
The v12.20 patch notes also detail a new Limited Time Mode and a host of bug fixes - more on those below.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of Fortnite content here!
As secret base aficionados foresaw, the v12.20 patch brings helicopters to Fortnite Battle Royale. Just look to The Grotto or The Agency, as both locations have helipads included in their designs.
Until now, these helipads have been empty.
The new vehicles will be a great way for players to zoom across the map, finding a firefight, good loot, or just escaping the storm.
However, there is always the worry that piloting a large, loud, lumbering vehicle will put a somewhat sizeable target on your back, so watch out for enemies with a keen eye for a rocket launcher.
While many rumourmongers suggested the helicopter would only be able to carry one person, there is plenty of room for a full squad aboard, so it seems perfect for zipping to a new location or performing a tactical retreat without leaving any member behind.
There's just one rule: you must yell "Get to the chopper!!" in your best Arnie voice every time you use it.
The Spy Games
Head straight into The Spy Games by dropping in the Operation: Dropzone Limited Time Mode.
Here you can use tech and gadgets to give yourself the advantage, and complete challenges to earn shedloads of experience.
Here are the challenges:
- Win 1 match in Operation matches
- Deal 1,000 damage to players in Operation matches
- Eliminate 10 players in Operation matches
These challenges reward a phenomenal 80,000 experience each upon completion, so make sure to do these before the LTM disappears.
This could prove invaluable for completing your Chapter 2 Season 2 Battle Pass.
Thankfully, some annoying bugs have also been fixed, including the following, taken from the official Trello board:
- Auto-Sprint not resuming once stopped.
- Locker is missing the vault banner.
- Low detail on buildings and structures in Fortnite.
- Player markers not working as they should (placed too far away).
- Players getting stuck inside Fortnite's Porta Pottys.
- Players unable to use the navigation buttons at the end of a match, such as returning to lobby, reporting players, or going to the Item Shop.
- Unable to place traps when the icon hasn't loaded up.