This huge Doomsday event will mark the end of the current season and the beginning of the next as Midas' device conjured a giant tsunami surrounding the island that has replaced the storm.
A giant water and summer-related even is coming to us this season, with the map almost submerged in water.
Now we're entering v13.20 in the new chapter.
Here's what to expect from Chapter 2 Season 3.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of Fortnite content here!
You can check out the latest information on the following topics in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3:
You can keep up to date with the latest leaks, rumours, news and updates on our LIVE countdown for Chapter 2 Season 3.
All Leaked Cosmetics - 30th June
Captain America Skin - 30th June
Captain America will get a Fortnite skin to celebrate Independence Day on the 4th July!
Week 3, 4 And 5 Challenges - 30th June
Here are the week 3 and 4 challenges.
You can also see the new Aquaman challenges here.
New Starter Pack - 30th June
v13.20 Patch Notes - 30th June
- New Weapon - The Flare Gun has been added
- Deployable Workbench - Easier access to upgrading and sidegrading
- LTMs Are Back - LTMs arrive this week for Season 3. We're starting with some fan favorites.
- A Hero arrives - A mighty arrival is coming to the item ship this week.
v13.20 Map - 30th June
New Cosmetics - 30th June
v13.20 is Now In The Staging API - 26th June
A leak by @FortniteGLAT has revealed v13.20 is in the staging API.
v13.40 Update is Being Tested By Epic Games - 25th June
A leak has revealed that the v13.40 update is already being tested by Epic Games.
New Skins and When They Will Release - 25th June
New skins for players to pick up is always a good thing, let's check out the new skins and when they'll release.
- Molten Renegade Raider
This skin is rumoured to be available on the store for Saturday, June 27th.
- Agent Jonesy
This skin is rumoured to be available during the Chapter 2 Season 3 Storyline.
- Ghost Wildcard
This skin is rumoured to be released during Season 2 but no date has been confirmed.
This skin is rumoured to be released at the later end of Chapter 2 so keep an eye out.
PC Aim Assist Nerf - 17th June
- Pull Inner Strength Hip: 0;0.45 -> 0;0.3
- Pull Outer Strength Hip: 0;0.375 -> 0;0.25
- Pull Inner Strength Ads: 0;0.525 -> 0;0.35
- Pull Outer Strength Ads: 0;0.3 -> 0;0.2
Weekly Challenges - Week 1 & 2 - 17th June
- Damage Loot Sharks at Sweaty Sands
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16
- Enter Catty Corner Vault
- Find Gnomes at Homely Hills
- Search chest or ammo boxes at Rickety Rig
- Land at Misty Meadows and finish top 25
- Eliminations at Steamy Stacks
- Use different Ziplines at The Authority
- Search chests or ammo boxes at Holly Hedges
- Find Deadpool floaties at The Yacht
- Score a goal on the soccer pitch at Pleasant Park
- Elimination at Lazy Lake
- Headshot Henchmen at The Fortilla
- Gather or Consume Foraged Items at The Orchard
New Agency In-Game - 17th June
Build-A-Brella - 17th June
The Build-A-Brella is unlocked through the Battle Pass and allows you to customise your own umbrella.
New Map - 17th June
New Consumables - 17th June
Battle Pass Trailer - 17th June
New Weapons - 17th June
New Loading Screens - 17th June
All Battles Pass Skins - 17th June
Season 3 Trailer - 17th June
Final Teaser - 16th June
A final teaser has been released with all previous teasers combined and a robotic owl.
Aquaman vs Black Manta - 16th June
New theory points to a potential Aquaman vs Black Manta storyline in Season 3!
When Does Fortnite Season 3 Chapter 2 Start?
The new season of Fortnite will begin on the 17th June.
Season 3 will end on the 27th August.
The update time began at 7am BST.
Guides & Tutorials
Need some help with Fortnite? Check out our various guides and tutorials right here!
- Tips And Tricks And How To Get Better At Fortnite
- How To Level Up Fast In Fortnite
- How To Win A Game In Fortnite
- How To Get FREE Skins And V-Bucks In Fortnite
- How To Merge Your Accounts In Fortnite
- How To Log Out Of Fortnite Mobile For iOS or Android
- How to Show Your Ping In Fortnite
- How To Download Fortnite On Android
The Device Event
The Device Event, also known as the Doomsday event, marked the end of an extended Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3.
Fortnite World Cup 2020
Speculation is growing surrounding the Fortnite World Cup 2020 that it may be cancelled, especially as qualifiers started back in April last year.
You can expect tournaments around this event to begin during this season.
The Fortnite Competitive Twitter account recently tweeted this:
Meaning that the likelihood of seeing anything around the World Cup in the current season is unlikely.
Ninja also pointed out the extreme lag that players experience in custom games.
Every season that goes by will result in map changes, in Chapter 2 Season 2 there were FOUR new Points of Interest added.
Here's a look at the new map:
Most interestingly, a new POI has been added to the map.
It has been confirmed that water will go down over time.
As time goes on more locations will be revealed and cards will be added to the game.
Here are the new weapons on offer in Season 3:
The Whirlpool is also an item/weapon:
And a new Molotov weapon
Updated Crash Pad:
- Hunting rifles (all variants)
- Chug splashes
- Chug jugs
- Bol Action Sniper Rifle
- Stink Bombs
- Original Pump Shotgun
The new season's theme appears to be around water.
Here's a breakdown of what themes we've had in the past:
- Season 1: No Theme
- Season 2: Medieval
- Season 3: Space
- Season 4: Super Heroes
- Season 5: Worlds Collide
- Season 6: Halloween
- Season 7: Winter
- Season 8: Pirates
- Season 9: Future
- Season X: Time
- CH2S1: Doppelgangers
- CH2S2: The Agency
What is in store for us in the future? Here are some theme suggestions:
- Cops and Robbers
Skins, Emotes, Gliders, Pickaxes And Banners
Female Black Knight
The Battle Pass will once again play an important part in the season and although we're unsure what it will include, we can expect plenty of skins, emotes, pickaxes and gliders.
It will likely be the same price, costing 950 V-Bucks for the battle pass - this is about £7-8.
You can also obtain the Battle Pass Bundle, which will cost 2800 V-Bucks and rewards you with access to the first 25 tiers of the Battle Pass immediately.
This season it will take 7,560,000 XP to reach max rank.