Although Nintendo may have tried to eliminate this feature from the game, this has not stopped Animal Crossing players.
Here's how to time travel in New Horizons!
Keep up to date with everything Animal Crossing by watching below!
Is Time Travel Allowed?
Simply put, no. It's an exploit that is frowned upon, not only by Nintendo but the AC community as well.
There is a mix of positives and negatives with time travelling, you can check them out below.
How To Time Travel In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Be warned that once you do this and you load up your game you are at the mercy of the autosave function and you may not be able to undo what has happened.
The Effects Of Time Travelling
There are plenty of positives and negatives to time travel, here's what could happen:
- Allows the player to attend their favourite events
- Allows the player to receive mail sooner.
- Allows the player to receive bank interest.
- New villagers will move in sooner.
- Fruit will grow on trees sooner.
- Different items are available at all stores.
- Ability to catch out-of-season fish and bugs.
- Fast-forward through renovations.
- The grass may regrow.
- The player can get multiple K.K. Slider songs without having to wait for next Saturday night.
- Ability to partake in things that would normally be closed at certain hours in real-time.
- Unwanted villagers can be moved out faster.
- Speeds up hybridizing flowers.
- Bushes and trees will grow at a faster rate. (4~5 days)
- Allows the player to participate in his birthday or those of the inhabitants more quickly
- There will be more weeds
- Flowers will shrivel or die.
- The player will miss out on some items for sale in the in-game shops.
- The player's mailbox may fill up, which will not allow for any more mail until emptied or tossed.
- The player will get bed hair if they travel forward in time more than a week.
- Phineas may not appear for a while.
- Turnip prices may stay low. (Doesn't seem to happen in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.)
- Turnips will die when a player time travels.
- Villagers will talk about how long the player was away for.
- Cockroaches will appear in the player's home.
- Snowmen in town will melt. This includes travelling backwards, even if the snowman was "alive" on the player's destination day.