Just like previous seasons, there are plenty of rewards for players that purchase the brand new season pass in the form of headgear, uniforms, skins and charms
For fans of the classic map Oregon, we're getting a major rework to bring it more in line with the current state of the game.
With so much going on, we've got everything you need to know about Rainbow Six Siege Operation Void Edge.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly for the latest information.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PS5 news here!
Here are all the major changes in Operation Void Edge, click the links to find out more:
- Latest News
- Release Date And Time
- Gameplay Trailer
- What Is Operation Void Edge?
- Patch Notes
- New Operators
- Ash Tomb Raider Elite Set
- Oregon Map Changes
- Colourblind Mode
- Year 5 Pass
- Year 5 Roadmap
Follow the latest breaking news from Operation Void Edge on our live countdown blog.
Release Date And Time Announced For Tomorrow - 9th March
The release date and time for Operation Void Edge have been announced for TOMORROW!
Will Tachanka Keep His 9x19VSN SMG After Rework? - 9th March
Reddit is asking the important questions today - will Tachanka keep his 9x19VSN submachine gun after his rework?
Although there has been no official confirmation, many players do not think he will keep this glorious weapon; however, they maintain that his secondaries will be untouched.
Players will have to stick with the RP-46 LMG, unless they want to switch to using Kapkan.
When Will Operation Void Edge Release - 9th March
It's unclear what date the new operation will launch, many are expecting it on the 11th March.
However, it could arrive anytime from Monday-Wednesday; usually, an update on its arrival comes 24 hours before launch.
Release Date And Time
Operation Void Edge will release on the 10th March 2020.
The maintenance schedule is as follows:
- PC: 13:00 GMT | 9:00 AM EDT | 13:00 UTC
- XB1: 12:00 GMT | 10:00 AM EDT | 14:00 UTC
- PS4: 15:00 GMT |11:00 AM EDT | 15:00 UTC
Maintenance will last for roughly one hour.
- PC: 60-69 GB
- XB1: 39-43 GB
- PS4: 38-42 GB
Here is the reveal trailer for Operation Void Edge, showing off the two new operators to come.
What Is Operation Void Edge?
Operation Void Edge has the privilege of opening the 5th year in Rainbow Six Siege's multiplayer.
Along with the usual rewards and season pass, there are many unique novelties making their debut too.
In particular, we're getting a major rework to the Oregon map and a very special Elite set for Ash themed off of Lara Craft.
We're also getting new Two Operators, both unique in style and ability - Ianna and Ory will certainly shake up the meta.
Most importantly, there will be major changes to Operators, weapons and plenty more in the game - you can read the patch notes below.
Here's what the new Operation will include:
- Oregon Map Rework
- Most areas are more open and structured, but there are also new points of access and rotation.
- Big Tower now also connects directly to Kitchen on the first floor and a new area in the basement called Freezer leads to the first floor with the Freezer Stairs.
- The door between Kitchen and Bathroom Corridor (now called Security Corridor) has been removed, as well as the one leading into Dining Hall from the outside, which is replaced by a connection between Dining Hall and Small Tower.
- Attic has also changed, opening into Dorm Main Hall with a doorway, but losing its ladder down to Meeting Hall.
- The Tower bomb site has been replaced with the new Meeting Hall and Kitchen alternative.
- Barricade Debris Consistency
- When partially breaking a barricade with a weapon or a melee hit, it will now create much smaller debris.
- When completely destroying a barricade, the behaviour of the debris is improved to minimise occlusion caused by stacked debris on the top of a window sill and the base of a door frame.
- Attackers Drone Spawn
- Attackers drone spawn is not random anymore.
- Player Hub Changes
- Play Section is getting revamped.
- Lesion Changes
- He will no longer be able to see his GU Mines through obstructions of any kind, or from a certain distance.
- When an opposing Operator steps on a GU, there will no longer be any initial damage.
- Increased each tick’s damage from 4 to 6. Finally, downed operators will not take any damage anymore from Gu Mines, triggering them to no effect.
- Twitch Changes
- Shock Drone will now start with three shots, but it will have a cooldown system similar to Echo’s Yokai drone.
- Firing power has been reduced to 1 point of damage.
- Ash Elite Set: Lara Croft
- Tomb Raider uniform
- Victory animation
- Gadget skin for her M120 CREM Breaching Rounds and Launcher
- Weapon skins for the G36C, R4-C, M45 MEUSOC and 5.7 USG
- Elite Ash Lara Croft charm
- Operators Price Decrease
- Mira and Jackal’s prices will now be 10,000 Renown or 240 R6 Credits
- Lion and Finka’s go down to 15,000 Renown or 350 R6 Credits
- Mozzie and Gridlock’s costs will decrease to 20,000 Renown or 480 R6 Credits.
- Void Edge Weapon Skins
- Saber Carve
- Clog Dance
- River Scale
- Year 5 Pass
- 6 new Year 5 Operators
- 6 new exclusive headgears and uniforms
- Multiple exclusive customization items
- VIP perks
- Year 4 Pass owners who renew will get offer 600 R6 Credits, as well as 2 Legendary and 3 Epic Alpha Packs.
- Optional Cross-Chat
- Chat will be set to ‘Team Only’ by default with this update
- Players can select to see All or No Chat via their in-game settings.
- Abandon Penalty Escalation
- Escalating abandon penalty for ranked and unranked.
- Pre-set loadouts for ATT and DEF instead of CTU based loadouts.
- removed M45 secondary weapon and replaced with Super Shorty
- Holographic scope added to Frost’s C1 Goyo.
- Falling onto Goyo’s Volcan only causes it to collapse, instead of explode and propagate fire
- When objectives such as Bombs or Biohazard containers are still hidden during the action phase, if IQ detects them with her gadget she will reveal their location to her entire team.
- Gu mines visible to Lesion only when in direct LOS and within an 8 meter distance.
- Removal of initial Gu mine damage tick.
- Gu mine damage increased to 6 damage per tick (instead of 4).
- DBNO players now immune to GU Mines. Being DBNO will still trigger them but the GU mines effect will not apply
- Drone will now use a charge system similar instead of a set ammo count.
- Drones will start with the maximum ammo count of 3 shots and it will take 30 seconds to recharge a new shot.
- Drone will start a round with 3 shots (instead of 5)
- It takes 30s to fully recharge a shot, with a maximum carrying capacity of 3 shots per drone.
- Drone shot cooldown reduced to 1s (from 2s)
- Drone taser damage reduced to 1 hp (down from 10). Evil Eyes and Jager’s ADS gadget health also reduced to 1 hp.
- Increased recoil for Twitch’s F2
- Smart Glasses will now run on a charge system and can be activated long as there is more than 20% left of his charge left.
- Activation lasts 10 seconds and needs 10 seconds for a full recharge.
- Cooldown removed on Warden’s use of his gadget.
- Warden can now control usage time and deactivate it manually, with a maximum activation time of 10 seconds.
- His ability recharges at the same speed than it depletes. When fully depleted, it takes 10 seconds for it to be completely recharged
- Increased destruction for DMRs for faster destruction of barricades, hatches, and soft surfaces.
- Vector .45
- Vector damage increased to 23 (from 21
- Loadout Changes
- Dokkaebi: Stun Grenades replacing Frag Grenades
- Maverick: Frag Grenades replacing Stun Grenades
- Nokk: Frag Grenades replacing Claymore
- Ying: Frag Grenades replacing Claymore
- Compensator removed from DMRs
You can read all of the new features and changes right here.
New Operators - Iana And Oryx
Two new Operators will arrive in Operation Void Edge - the two Operators are Iana and Oryx.
Each Operator will cost you 25,000 Renown or 600 R6 Credits.
Iana A former member of the United States Air Force, Iana is now an astronaut. Yes, that's right, an astronaut, and falls into the Attacker category of Siege operators.
The dutch Operator falls into the Attacker category of Siege operators.
As an attacker, Iana is equipped with some powerful and accurate weapons. Don't expect her to go easy on you in a match.
Iana is blessed with some strong assault rifles. The ARX 200 and G36-C are both good options, but there are plenty of better ones out there.
Her ability is the Gemini Replicator, which is a remotely-controlled holographic copy of Iana.
Oryx is a new defender, offering powerful up close and personal weapons that match his ability and playstyle perfectly.
The Jordanian lived an exceptional life, but of his childhood is shrouded in mystery.
Oryx is blessed with two weapons that excel up close, the MP5 and the SPAS-12.
Remah Dash is the ability Oryx uses to smash through doors and enemies as well as interact with broken hatches - he can jump and climb up them.
Of the two new Operators, it's looking likely that Oryx will be the better Operator early on, however, Iana's abilities and loadouts will likely stand the test of time.
Ash Tomb Raider Elite Set
Ash channels her inner Lara Croft with this great collaboration.
Explore every corner of every map with Ash’s Tomb Raider uniform, headgear, victory animation, gadget skin for her M120 CREM Breaching Rounds and Launcher and weapon skins for the G36C, R4-C, M45 MEUSOC and 5.7 USG, as well as the Elite Ash Lara Croft charm, all of which will be available soon after the launch of Operation Void Edge.
Even if you're not a fan of Ash, or the game, you must admit that this is insanely cool.
Oregon Map Changes
Void Edge will bring a complete rework of the Oregon map.
Oregon was one of the Siege's first maps and remains popular among the community, so its reworking is somewhat surprising.
The main changes are in the basement area, where a staircase now heads up to Kitchen and Construction. The laundry hatch of the basement area has been moved, and there's a new hallway that connects Big Tower to Kitchen.
Fans have been crying out for this mode, and it looks like R6 will finally be giving them what they want. Read more here.
Year 5 Pass
You can access the Year 5 pass RIGHT NOW for 7-days early access!
So what will Year 5 bring?
- 1-year* VIP Membership
- 6 new Year 5 operators
- 6 headgear and 6 uniforms
- 1 R6 Charm
- 1 Seasonal Weapon skin
- 1 full Operator Bundle (Jäger Byte)
- 7-day early access to each season's new Operators
- 10% discount in in-game shop**
- 5% Renown boost
- 30% discount and 30% faster progression on Battle Passes
- 0,3% Alpha Pack Boost
Year 5 Road Map
If you're looking to get more Renown or improve your gameplay, check out our guides here:
- Iana Guide
- Oryx Guide
- Best attackers and defenders RANKED
- Best Attackers
- Best Defenders
- Weapon Tier List And Best Weapons For Year 5
- Best Weapon Attachments
- How to Lean
- How to change server and fix connection issues
- How to unlock gold camo for weapons
- How to improve aim on all weapons
- Get Renown guide
- Black Ice weapon skin guide
- Melee Guide