Fortnite v11.30 has arrived and with it comes the Christmas update complete with the Annual Battle Pass, new map, console split-screen, skins, pickaxes, gliders, music and much much more.
The latest patch will be a staggering 4GB, so make sure you're ready for a hefty download.
Here's everything that the new patch brings.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly to stay up to date.
v11.30 Patch Notes
As we await the official patch notes, here are some early changes that we can expect:
- A player's Safe Zone setting on Xbox One may return to 1.00 each time they log in on the platform.
- The Magma Wrap should look normal again on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
- Twin Turntables that appeared grainy and pixelated should be fixed.
- The Bandolette Outfit hair should be looking stylish again.
- Some trees and metal fences in Arena only grant a slight material increase instead of the mode's correct material increase
Save The World
- In progress, missions cannot be joined by invitation if party settings are set to Friends Only or Private.
- Players may experience an issue while scrolling through their Friends List that should now be corrected.
- The Tutorial playlist should now be working on Mobile devices.
- The Quick Bar should now be working for players who were unable to see it.
- In the menu after a match on Nintendo Switch, both the "Spectate" and "Return to Lobby" options display the "B" button.
A winter-themed map will feature in the new update
Photo via @ShiinBR
Console split-screen will be added to PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Mobile devices, Nintendo Switch and PC are not supported.
This feature is limited to Fortnite: Battle Royale Duos and Squads - this does not include Creative, Limited Time Modes, Save the World or Solos.
Cross-play between console platforms will be available to split-screen.
Be aware that if one player should disconnect the split-screen session will end. Split-screen only works during a match and does not allow you to share inventory.
Multi-language support is not available at this time and both players must have the same language settings.
It's uncertain whether this update will come immediately with v11.30 or in the future.
Annual Battle Pass
An annual Battle Pass has emerged, likely to offer a cheaper alternative to buying a season pass each time a new season begins.
Thus saving money in the long run. It won't be a surprise if it offers unique incentives as well.
@ShiinaBR has posted a few text pieces that comes with the annual pass:
- You got the 2020 Annual Pass!
- You've been refunded 7800 V-Bucks for a second purchase of the Annual Pass.
- PLACEHOLDER TEXT 2020 Annual Pass short description
Skins, Pickaxes, Gliders, Music, Challenges And More
Data minder @Lucas7yoshi has once again provided us with the intel of items before the patch has gone fully live.
Pickaxes & Gliders
Loading Screens, wraps, and music packs
Backblings and Variants
Photos via @Lucas7Yoshi
CLICK BELOW TO READ EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT CHAPTER 2 SEASON 2