COD Mobile Season 4 has launched and with it, controller support for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One controllers are available in the popular mobile game.
Back at launch, Call of Duty Mobile originally supported gamepads but was quickly removed (for unknown reasons).
With Season 2 well underway and many looking to get back into the game, here's a tutorial on how to connect your controller to COD Mobile.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of COD Mobile content here!
Which Controllers Are Supported With COD Mobile?
First off, which controllers are supported for COD Mobile?
At present, the game only supports official PS4 DualShock 4 (except first-generation) and Xbox One Controllers.
Should you decide to use another controller, such as a Nintendo Switch Pro controller or another third-party option, it will warn you that using non-supported controllers could impact functionality and gameplay. It's likely that in the future, more controllers will be supported.
How To Connect A Controller In Call of Duty Mobile
- Enable Bluetooth pairing on your controller - this is done by holding the Share and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller, or the Xbox and sync button on an Xbox One controller.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile device (usually done through settings).
- Within Bluetooth settings, go to “wireless controller” and connect to that device.
- Open Call of Duty: Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller settings menu.
- Set and modify your controls for each game type.
Will I Be Matched Based On Input Device?
When playing with a controller, you'll be matched up against other players using a controller.
Players using touch controles will be matched against other players also using the touchscreen.