This new patent filing shows a controller that looks very similar to the current DualShock 4 design, but has no light bar at the top and a few fine tuned adjustments.
The New PS5 Controller
Recently, Sony announced some new details about the PlayStation 5 controller including its new adaptive triggers and speaker system. Here are some of the details:
- New PS5 Controller uses USB Type C
- PS5 Controller has Haptic Feedback
- Controller has now adaptive triggers
- New Speaker system on the controller
- Better Battery Life
- Heavier than the DUALSHOCK 4, but will be lighter than a Xbox One controller
Another image from forum ResetEra compares the new patent filing to the PlayStation 4 controller.
With the new console releasing in the 2020 Holidays, more details will no doubt be revealed in the coming months.