Another day in the books for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 Beta left players with an exciting surprise inclusion, Ground War was added earlier than usual and is now live across all platforms! The cross play weekend has been a big success in the eyes of the community and an exciting development for the franchise and gaming.
Ground War Arrives Early
Originally set to arrive on September 21st at 6pm BST, Infinity Ward have released the mode early along with brand new map Karst River Quarry.
The mode will feature 64 players, 32v32, along with vehicles, killstreaks and more in this exciting new mode. It's also worth remembering that this mode has a fully implemented mini-map and the ability to select where you wish to spawn. Ground War is very similar to Battlefield's Conquest in that it has 5 domination type flags that you need to capture.
Day 2 Recap
Here are some of the bugs and issues being looked into:
- Xbox users: We know of a bug with invites and joining up from the Xbox Dashboard. While this is being investigated, you can still send invites and join up with friends within the game.
- Staying as a Party after a match: After completing a match as a party, some players are unable to find a new match and are stuck in the matchmaking lobby. We’re still looking into this issue, but in the meantime, disbanding your party and joining back up is a temporary solution while we work on a fix.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- PC: Blurriness while ADSing or in the matchmaking lobby.
- PC: Some users are experiencing crashes. Please check existing threads on here if you’re experiencing any of these issues)
- Voice chat: Voice chat is inconsistent when joining up with players on other platforms. This is being investigated.