Day 2 of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta has passed and Infinity Ward released a few new features including new map Gun Runner and new game mode Cyber Attack! There are more big changes coming to Modern Warfare 2019, including a new level cap and the mini-map making a triumphant return...well a slightly reduced mini-map, but a mini-map nonetheless! You will also have the opportunity to pick which game modes you want to play.
Mini-Map WILL Return
It became very apparent, due to the community feedback, the mini-map needed to return and that wish has been granted; with a slight twist. Infinity Ward stated that "we are still experimenting with the minimap, so tomorrow, the minimap will be turned on but will not display enemy fire." This is a positive step forward, but one may be unsure how much of a difference this will make as it doesn't necessarily solve the issue with how strong UAVs are.
New Level Cap
The level cap is being increased from 10 to 20. This may solve the issue with the mini-map, as Ghost can now be added to custom classes! As it stands, the default AUG class is the only one with it equipped.
Game Mode Filter Unlocked
The game mode filter will also be unlocked, allowing you to pick which mode (or modes) you’d like to play. This is a very postitive thing as many may not be particularly interested in playing objective game modes and may want to stick to Team Deathmatch and vice versa.
Here are the maps and modes available:
- Team Deathmatch: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- Domination: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- Headquarters: Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner
- Headquarters: 10v10 Grazna Raid
- Domination: 10v10 Grazna Raid
Here are the available playlists:
- Featured Playlist: Cyber Attack – Azhir Cave (Day), Hackney Yard (Day), Gun Runner, Grazna Raid
- Featured Playlist: NVG – Azhir Cave (Night), Hackney Yard (Night) – TDM, DOM, HQ
Day 2 Recap
Here is a list of other issues that Infinity Ward are looking into:
- Cruise Missile: The camera will remain static on the initial deployment scene and not properly display the map and enemy targets below. Once having control of the missile, it can become hard to control. This is currently being looked into.
- Spawning and Visuals: Spawning is currently inconsistent on some maps, so thank you for sharing your videos with us and sharing your feedback. We’ll continue to monitor the spawn system and we’ll update you if we deploy any changes. We will also be looking into lighting and exposure on various areas of the map, such as how you view dark rooms from the outside of a building and vice versa, for example.
- Clipping through vehicles and Deployable Cover: Character models are currently clipping through vehicles used during the infil sequence and in some cases, when using the Deployable Cover Field Upgrade. These are currently being investigated.
- Semtex Grenade: When stuck to a door, the Semtex grenade will not explode and the grenade icon will remain on screen. This will be fixed for weekend two of the Beta.
- Smoke effect on weapons: The smoke effect after firing a weapon is currently not displaying in-game. This will be fixed by launch.