Your Manager, Your Looks
Create and customise your manager with more options than ever before. Change body type, skin tone, clothing, and hairstyles, and create female managers for the first time in FIFA.
Every Decision Has A Consequence
From press conferences to squad rotation, the choices you make in FIFA 20 Career Mode have a direct impact on your team’s morale and performances.
Rotating your starting 11. Shortlisting transfer targets. Managing wage expectations. Every choice you make affects your squad’s morale, form, and even their OVR ratings.
Morale will be influenced by a multitude of different factors, ranging from play time and wage expectations to a player’s performance on the pitch and how well the team is doing. Secondly, answers in Press Conferences and replies to players in 1-on-1 conversations impact players’ morale as well. Having a high morale will be highly desired as a player’s morale will influence their attributes in upcoming matches.
Face The Media
Inspire your team with the answers you give in new interactive press conferences before and after key moments in your season.
Our vision was to breathe new life into the Manager Career experience by leveraging the huge amounts of data that playing this mode generates, and build a variation of ever-changing stories that would surface to our players through Pre and Post-Match Press Conferences and Player Conversations. These are not just general story lines that we put together to mimic authenticity. These are stories built based on player progress which each player will be able to interact with and influence the morale of the team and their standing as the team’s manager.
The new tools developed in-house by the Career Mode team enabled our producers and designers to leverage this large amount of data and create an enormous variations of story-lines that are deeply rooted in the player’s experience and your way of playing. This means that the experience of each match will be treated differently by the ‘journalists’ and will always feel authentic and dynamic, depending highly on the outcome, goals scored, opponent, time of season or stage of competition, and more.
Keep your team spirit and manager rating high by discussing your players’ concerns and solving their problems in one-to-one chats.
Player Conversations will mainly serve as the 1-on-1 interaction between the manager and players within the team through a messaging app-like interface. Within both, you will be able to choose the way in which you tackle a large variety of situations, and, based on your methods, either positively or negatively influence player morale as well as your rating as a manager.
In the same way as with Press Conferences, the newly added conversations enjoy the same level of complexity. The manager will have to deal with a variety of requests from players as well as happy or disgruntled players that are trying to get their thoughts across
League UI Themes
There will be 5 unique UI themes including: Premier Leauge, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, LaLiga Santander and MLS. Players will also be able to enjoy UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League branded UI.
Dynamic Player Potential
Potential for players within your own squad will evolve over time based on the players’ performance in the previous season. Scored a lot of goals with a young prospect in his breakthrough season? His potential will be even higher in the upcoming season. Kept a run of good performances going with an older player close to retirement? His potential will be higher in the upcoming season which means that the decrease of his attributes will stall for a longer period of time.
Potential will decrease if a player hasn’t been performing well in the previous season or he hasn’t received enough playtime so you must ensure high promising starlets put in the work to achieve their potential.
New Negotiation Environments
New environments have been added to diversify interactions - two new environemnts including a rooftop lounge and restaurant.
Spot Fixes and Balancing Changes
- Added an option in the Player Actions pop-up to add a player to the shortlist and immediately go to the Transfer Hub with the respective player.
- Redesigned Team Management layout to allow for easier player attribute comparison.
- Added an option to disable International Management job offers at the start of a new career.
- Increased the initial Composure attribute values for generated youth players and redistributed weights for player growth between physical, mental and skill attributes to allow for more physical growth.
- Improved distribution of ethnicity within a country when generating youth players.
- Significantly increased the initial amounts for wage budget allocation.
- Increased the player value of defensive players based on the latest transfer market activity.
- Fixed multiple issues with leagues that split into play-offs after the end of the regular season. League objectives are now correctly tracking the play-off instead of the regular season standings. Champions celebrations are triggered at the end of the play-offs.
- Improved the algorithm used by AI teams to determine their starting XI. Moving forward you should see far fewer instances in which the opponent isn’t using their prime starting XI in important matches.
- Re-adjusted the number of saves to 8, inside Career Mode, to address the feedback received from our players during the ’19 cycle.
- Fixed multiple fixture congestion issues. The winter break roll out this season as well as the removal of the FA Cup 5th Round Replay have improved fixture congestion issues in English leagues. We’ve slightly altered the authentic schedule of the English Championship by pushing its completion to a later date. This ensures that schedule conflict situations between Championship rounds and European football nights aren’t possible. A lot of the congestion issues reported by the community were happening with mid-week league rounds happening at the same time as European football, which, although unlikely in the real world, is a common occurrence in Career Mode.
- Added the new format and schedule of the Spanish Supercup.
- Added support to round down the points in leagues that split into play-offs and halve the points such as the Austrian Bundesliga.
- Updated usage of the 4th substitute in extra time to all competitions that support this new law of the game.
Follow us for more information about FIFA 20. Tweet us and let us know what you think about these changes to FIFA 20 Career Mode.