Modern Warfare 2019 is fast approaching, so here’s all the information that we have so far and what is to be expected upon release on October 25th.
WATCH NOW: OUR GUN GUIDES DOWN BELOW TO IMPROVE YOUR MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE
How Does It Work?
You Can Opt In Or Out
Players can choose to enable crossplay, allowing you to play with all three supported platforms (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC).
A Cod Account Is Needed
You need a COD Account to play Modern Warfare 2019 (you can create one here). Your COD account replaces your regular platform login, you can customise this how you want (meaning you can change your display name to differ from your usual GamerTag/PSN/Battle.net ID).
By having this, it will allow you to play across different platforms and party up with players on different platforms.
Matchmaking And Balancing
Modern Warfare 2019 has been designed to balance the playing field and keep things fair between the different console types. Here are some
- You can decide to use keyboard and mouse on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One
- You can decide to use a controller on PC
- PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players can all play against each other, provided they all utilize controllers or a keyboard and mouse
- You can place into a lobby where there are no control scheme filters, allowing you to play with players using both controllers and keyboard and mouse across all three platforms
- Wait times for lobbies will decrease with the increased player pool
Crossplay Applicable Modes
As it stands, all public game modes will support multiplayer crossplay at this point in time. However, it is unknown if ranked play or competitive tournaments will support this feature.
Cross Platform Progression
All of your progress will carry over between different platforms.
Image courtesy of Call of Duty
What To Expect On Release
With this being the first time cross-platform play has been added into the franchise, be wary of bugs and glitches that could occur as hundreds of thousands of players begin to enter the battlefield. Hopefully these issues will be sorted by the end of the beta process and in time for launch.
Along with being able to play with everyone, there is certainly potential for some platform-exclusive cosmetic items to be introduced to Modern Warfare 2019. Similar to the likes of Fortnite, exclusive camos and character skins could become the norm with different platforms gaining access to particular cosmetic items.