We've got everything you need to know about the Modern Warfare Battle Royale right here.
Bookmark this page and check back DAILY for the latest news and information.
NOW WATCH OUR MODERN WARFARE GUN GUIDES TO IMPROVE YOUR BATTLE ROYALE EXPERIENCE
You can quickly jump to sections of the article by clicking the link below:
Latest Battle Royale News
Stay up to date with the latest and oldest news in our live Warzone blog here.
14/04 Playlist Update - 14th April
Scopes And Scatter Guns Trios:
A new mode is available for Warzone that limits the weapons to snipers and shotguns and changes up the strategies required to win.
This mode is available for trios only.
Normal BR Trios has been removed in favour of new Scopes and Scatter Guns game mode.
Season 3 Arrives With A Slew Of New Content - 8th April
Call of Duty Confirm Season 3 Date - 3rd April
Call of Duty's Twitter has confirmed that Season 3 will launch on the 8th April 2020!
Warzone Playlist Leaks - 27th March 23:00 GMT
We should caution that these playlists could just be for testing right now, and there’s no indication of possible release dates for these playlists.
Here’s a list of leaked playlists from the game files:
- Battle Royale Duos (Teams of Two. Loot and Kill. Last team standing wins.)
- Battle Royale Quads (Teams of Four. Loot and Kill. Last team standing wins.)
- Battle Royale High Action (Loot and Kill. The Gas closes in faster, so get moving.)
- Battle Royale Shotty Snipers (Shotguns and Snipers only. Near? Far? Wherever…BR. There are no Loadout drops.)
- Battle Royale One Shot (Battle Royale with 1-shot Headshots and no loadout drops.)
- Realism Battle Royale
- Hardcore Battle Royale
Warzone breaks Apex Legends Record - 14th March
Apex Legends had an incredible 2.5 million players within the first 24 hours of it releasing.
Warzone has dominated this by more than doubling it with 6 million players within 24 hours of release.
200 Players Would Mean Removal Of Vehicles and a Slower Game? - 13th March
According to prolific COD data miner @TheGamingRevo2, changing the player cap to 200 would mean slower gameplay and the need to remove vehicles.
"200 players is working in Warzone but it doesn’t play as well, that’s why it’s only 150 players. If they were to have 200 players they’d have to remove vehicles or something to slow down the gameplay."
Solos, Duos, and Quads Coming Soon? - 13th March
Infinity Ward has confirmed that they do plan to experiment with different team sizes in Call of Duty: Warzone as they continue to add more support for features and new content to the newly launched free to play game.
Call of Duty: Warzone: Soon To Support 200 Player Games - 12th March
Infinity Ward Studio Head Patrick Kelly had an interview with USA Today, click here to find out what he had to say about 200 player games.
Warzone Is Now LIVE For EVERYONE - 10th March
Call of Duty: Warzone is now available for everyone!
Player Count Glitch - 10th March
A new player count glitch seems to have arisen from what seems to be a pretty flawless start to the Warzone mode.
If a lobby isn't full, the game will not start.
Patch 1.17 Live - 10th March
A new patch update has gone live for Modern Warfare, bringing with it Call of Duty: Warzone, a big buff to the 725, Search and Rescue and a new Shotgun - the VLK Rogue.
When Is Call of Duty: Warzone Coming?
The Modern Warfare Battle Royale, also known as Call of Duty: Warzone, launched on the 10th March at 3pm GMT!
Those who own Modern Warfare can play it from their game, those who do not own it can download the standalone copy on their devices respective store.
As Treyarch are now taking over the development of COD 2020, it's unlikely that the new game will feature a Battle Royale mode.
We assume this is due to time constraints, so this is aimed to exist for the long haul rather than the rest of the Modern Warfare season.
The download is 22GB if you own Modern Warfare and 101GB if you do not own it.
Here is the official Call of Duty Warzone trailer:
Here is the Season 2 teaser trailer that launched at the beginning of the new season.
What Is Warzone?
Warzone takes place in Verdansk, an expansive city with multiple named zones and well over 300 points of interest.
Each zone features distinct landmarks like the Gorengard Lumber Yard or the Gora Dam; the zones take place across different environment types like cities and rural areas for unique engagements.
Change up your drop location in each match to get a better lay of the land and take advantage of what Verdansk has to offer.
Here are some other gameplay mechanics you can expect to find:
- Players have the ability to mark Vehicles, Locations, Items, Enemies, and Dangerous Locations.
- Altitude meter shows how fast you drop - you can cancel parachuting.
- The Jump Master of a Squad can select a deployment point prior to the match start.
- If the Jump Master chooses to discard the role, any player can become it.
- Players who are not the Jump Master have the ability to jump separately from the team, if you detach from the Jump Master, you will not drop in proximity to your loadout bag.
- Rarities: White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold.
- Limited inventory space.
- Requisition Airdrop Timer: 30s.
- All Weapons, Attachments, Equipment, Field Upgrades*, and Killstreaks* from Multiplayer.
- Custom Classes will be added including perks and killstreaks.
- Gas Mask, Vests, Helmets, Bandages, Ammo, Backpacks, Portable Defibrillator, and Plunder.
- Cannot hold two of the same weapon.
- Attachments which are incompatible with the current weapon will be placed in the Backpack
- Supply Crates contain potentially valuable equipment or items
- Some loot items such as medical, alcohol, armor and plunder (in-game cash).
- Will feature multiplayer weapons in the Battle Royale Mode.
- Supposedly 35 locations to visit and many will be locations from the spec ops mode, as well as past maps and campaign missions.
- Operators will be included.
- The map is surrounded by collapsing Radioactive ash.
- When downed and having a pistol, you will go into last stand. Upon killing an enemy in last stand, you will be revived.
- HUD shows gunfire
- The tactical map shows circle timer and Gulag Matches
- Spawn with pistol
- Players can ping locations
Check out our guides for Call of Duty: Warzone:
Plunder is one of the two modes in Warzone, the other being the standard Battle Royale.
In Plunder, the race is on to collect the most in-match Cash by looting across the map, taking down enemies to steal their Cash, and completing in-match Contracts.
Players will be able to create drop kits to get a full loadout equipped with perks, just as you would in the regular multiplayer.
Drop kits are the only way to get perks in Call of Duty: Warzone.
Weapons And Loot
Every player spawns with a pistol at the start of a game.
Weapon looting is guns only, weapons will not feature any attachments unless obtained in supply drops.
Ammo has been simplified to weapon category rather than type (e.g. assault rifle ammo, LMG ammo).
Loot will simply drop after killing a player, it will not appear in a bag like Blackout.
Loot will come in different rarities:
- WHITE = COMMON
- GREEN = UNCOMMON
- BLUE = RARE
- PURPLE = EPIC
- ORANGE = LEGENDARY
- RED = CUSTOM, NOT USED IN LOOT (USED FOR DROPS)
They include all weapons, attachments, equipment, field upgrades, and even kill streaks from Multiplayer, but also feature Battle Royale-only items and upgrades, such as backpacks to increase your limited storage space, and Plunder as discussed above.
Lethals such as claymores, mines and grenades return.
In Battle Royale where collecting in-match Cash isn’t the objective, Cash can be used to procure beneficial items at Buy Stations. Denoted on the Tac-Map with a shopping cart icon, head to a Buy Station to spend your in-match Cash.
For varying prices, you can purchase Killstreaks, Redeploy Tokens to bring back fallen teammates, Self-Revive Kits, and more.
In Plunder, Buy Stations hold all of these items to help you gain an advantage over other teams, plus a unique game mode item – the Cash Deposit Balloon.
Want to securely deposit your in-match Cash, away from the threat of enemy teams trying to kill and steal? Get a Cash Deposit Ballon, a portable Field Upgrade, that allows you to deposit Cash, from anywhere.
Armour is comprised of 3 standard plates, although a player can carry 5 at one time.
It's an almost instant equip, rather than Blackout's holding down of a button to repair.
Map And Locations
Here is a look at the full map.
The new map will include the following locations:
- TV Station
- Military Base
- Promenade East
- Promenade West
- Storage Town
Here's the full list of Warzone Perks to customise your game plan.
- Double Time - Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%.
- E.O.D. - Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives and fire. Resets fuse when picking up frag grenades.
- Scavenger - Resupply ammo from dead players. Scavenger packs provide throwing knives.
- Cold-Blooded - Undetectable by AI targeting system and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning. Still visible to Recon Drones, but cannot be marked.
- Kill Chain - Increases your chance of finding killstreaks in supply boxes. In multiplayer only, killstreak kills count towards your next killstreaks.
- Quick Fix - Killing players immediately starts health regeneration.
- Restock - Recharge equipment over 50 seconds. Throwing knives can recharge 1 extra knife, decoy grenades and stim recharge twice as fast. In multiplier only the recharge takes just 25 seconds.
- Hardline - 25% off kiosk price for killstreaks, field upgrades, and armour plates. In multiplayer only your killstreaks cost 1 less kill and reduces Specialist perk cost by 1.
- Overkill - Carry two primary weapons. Cannot equip two of the same weapon, secondaries cannot be equipped.
- High Alert - Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your view see you. Multiplayer: also triggered by enemies controlling chopper gunners, wheelsons, IAVs and APCs.
- Ghost - Undetectable by UAVs, Radar Drones and Heartbeat Sensors. Still appear on killstreak radar when firing a weapon, and detectable by Advanced UAV but removes direction.
- Pointman - All members of your team earn more money from completed missions. Multiplayer only: turns your killstreaks into scorestreaks.
- Tune Up - Reduce the charge time of field upgrades by 40%. Warzone only: Reduces revive time by 25%.
- Amped - Faster weapon swap and rocket launcher reload speed. Does not affect swapping to pistols and knives. Most equipment is used faster.
- Shrapnel - Spawn with an extra piece of lethal equipment. Explosive damage delays enemy health regeneration by 3 seconds.
- Battle Hardened - Reduce strength of enemy flash, stun, EMP and gas effects. Immune to snapshot grenades.
- Spotter - See enemy equipment, field upgrades and killstreaks through walls. Mark them for your team by aiming down sights. Hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, C4 and trophy systems. Advanced UAVs can't
- be marked.
- Tracker - Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markets at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill.
Killstreaks are activated using Lethal and Tactical buttons.
- Shield Turret - $2,000 - Killstreak
- Cluster Strike - $3,000 - Killstreak
- Precision Airstrike - $3,500 - Killstreak
- UAV - $4,000 - Killstreak
- Self-Revive Kit - $4,500 - Last Stand
- Munitions Box - $5,000 - Field Upgrade
- Loadout Drop Marker - $6,000 - Field Upgrade
- Gas Mask - $3,000 - Circle Defense
- Armor Plate Bundle - $1,500 - Combat Defense
Missions And Contracts
Contracts are objective oriented tasks players can find and activate across Verdansk. A squad can activate one Contract at a time and completing it rewards you in-match Cash and other loot items.
Multiple types of Contracts exist including Scavenger Contracts where you have to find and open a series of Supply Boxes and Recon Contacts where you must secure one location, similar to Call of Duty’s Domination mode.
In addition to in-match Cash, Contracts can give you special rewards like the ability to see the next circle collapse location before it starts to close.
Only one Mission can be active for a Squad at a time. When a Mission is started or completed, the entire Squad will be notified by an on-screen message.
Here are some of the Mission Types:
- Timed Run
- Assassination (Eliminate specific player)
- Scavenger Hunt (Collect Scavenger Crates)
- Domination (Capture Domination Point)
- Random (Random Mission)
- If no Bounty is available for the Assassination Mission, Consolation Plunder will be awarded.
The vehicles so far are:
- ATV - two-seater, provides minimal protection, good at offroading, fast.
- SUV - four-seater, provides good protection, medium speed, not ideal for off-roading.
- Helicopter - four-seater, decent coverage, flies.
- Cargo Truck - holds the squad plus equipment, excellent protection, not for off-roading, slowest.
- Tactical Rover - four-seater, provides minimal protection, solidly fast, solid at off-roading.
Rather than simply losing as soon as you're slain, you'll have the opportunity to engage in either one-on-one fights in the Gulag section of the map to rejoin the fight, or a Jail Break event happens that releases everybody currently stuck waiting for a chance to rejoin.
Note that the Gulag will eventually shut down as the game progresses, preventing respawns later in around.
In this Gulag, players can watch on and throw rocks at players that will stun them - very handy if you happen to be in there with a teammate who can call out and throw rocks.
Classes are randomised just like in Gunfight.
Playlists And Modes
Trios was the only playlist when Warzone dropped, we've since had solos added, and Quads, which has just replaced Trios.
Duos is expected soon.
There's currently two modes - standard Warzone and a Plunder mode (a cash-based version).
The battle pass in Modern Warfare is not just exclusive to the multiplayer mode and has been added to the battle royale too!
There are no level caps in Warzone.
The new mode features plenty of easter eggs, for example in Terminal you can find the Mile High Club mission from COD 4 playing on TV screens.
Is Call of Duty: Warzone Free To Play?
Yes, the game is free to play, you do not need to own Modern Warfare to play the new game mode.
It will be available to download on the PlayStation marketplace, Xbox store and the Battle.net client.
Yes, Call of Duty: Warzone has cross-platform play and support save progression across different platforms.
No official information has been revealed about any split-screen features, but it's likely it will eventually feature a split-screen feature.
Black Ops 4's Blackout featured split-screen and it would be a big loss to remove this; especially as Modern Warfare features a few split-screen options.