Fresh off the latest Fornite patch v9.30, we may already have an idea of what is to come in the next update. Data miners are always on the ball as soon as a major update releases for Fortnite, digging through lines and lines of code they usually find everything little detail from cosmetics to new game modes. This time around they managed to leak two key things coming soon to Fortnite.
Fortnite continues to innovate it's game with new items and in-game events, the recent addition of the 'Chug Splash' consumable is a testament to this.
If you have played Fortnite since the V9.30 patch, you will notice there have been giant beach balls and umbrellas appearing at multiple locations across the map. Epic Games typically celebrates every holiday with an in-game event, an example of this was the 'Share the Love Event' for Valentines day. Now, Fortnite appears to be in the mood for Summer, which was leaked by @Lucas7yoshi, a new event is coming to Fortnite called '14 Days of Summer'.
A full list of challenges and rewards were also posted:
- Complete all 14 challenges to unlock the reward
- Dance at 6 different beach parties
- Bounce a giant beach ball in 5 different matches
- 5 Eliminations with the daily unvaulted weapon or a Drum Gun
- Thank the Bus Driver and finish top 20 in 5 different matches
- Pop 5 party balloon decorations
- Search 3 unicorn floaties at swimming holes
- Hit a player with a water balloon in 3 different matches
- Bounce off a giant beach umbrella in 3 different matches
- Score 250,000 trick points with a Driftboard with Neon Tropics applied to it
- Launch 3 fireworks found along the river bank
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match
- Search the hidden seashell in the beach themed loading screen
- Destroy 7 grills with the Low n’ Slow Harvesting Tool
It is nice to see Epic rewarding players with free harvesting tools and cosmetics instead of the typical sprays.
The “Drum Shotgun”, which reminds us of the 205 Brecci from recent Call of Duty titles, appears to be coming to Fortnite. One can assume if Epic releases this into the game, it will further replace the Tac Shotgun.
Now, Epic seems to be taking another crack at the Western gun. This new revolver's statistics were also leaked on Twitter:
With a higher damage rate then previous versions, maybe this one will be the biggest fan favorite to date?