Although ARK is all about taming and breeding dinosaurs it can be pretty tiresome doing so.
Some dinos will take an extremely long time to tame or hatch.
In some circumstances, players just want to have fun and don't want to grind hours into the game.
This is when spawning in dinosaurs can be super handy!
How To Spawn Dinos
If you're looking to spawn dinosaurs in ARK you'll have to do some with commands.
Meaning if you don't like to cheat, you'll have to tame creatures the normal way.
If cheating doesn't bother you then keep reading for the commands!
How To Use ARK Cheats
Open the ARK console by pressing Tab.
A box will open at the bottom of the screen, here you can enter cheats.
To close the console press Tab again.
If you're playing singleplayer you can just type the cheat, multiplayer will require the admin password, type 'EnableCheats <password>'.
- Summon <type> - Spawns a specified creature at your location.
- SummonTamed <type> - Spawns a tamed creature at your location.
- GMSummon <"type"> <level> - Spawns a tamed creature of a set level.
- GiveDinoSet <tier> <quantity> - Spawns set of dinos with saddles.
- 0 - Raptor, Dilo, Trike
- 1 - Raptor, Carnotaurus, Thylacoleo
- 2 - Rex, Spino, Paracer, Therizinosaur
- 3 - Rex, Rex with Tek Saddle, Daeodon, Yutyrannus, Therizinosaur
- Flyers - Pteranodon, Tapejara with Tek Saddle, Argentavis, Quetzal
- Mek - 3 Meks, one with each module
- SiegeMek - Mek, M.S.C.M., Element, Cannon Shell (Extinction)
- MissleMek - Mek, M.R.L.M., Element, Rocketpod
- ShieldMek - Mek, M.D.S.M., Element
- Argent - Argentavis
- Extinction - Enforcer, Gasbags, Snow Owl, Gacha, Managarmr, Velonasaur
Find a list of creature IDs here.