Apex Legends Season 12: Defiance is now live! Olympus has been sabotaged and Mad Maggie has been sentenced to death via the Apex Games. Although Season 12 has brought a ton of new content to the game, it's not the only important event happening right now.
Apex is currently celebrating its third anniversary. It has now been three years since the game first became available to play in February 2019. Since its initial launch, Apex Legends has evolved in its layout as well as its popularity. To celebrate its anniversary, Respawn is giving away excellent rewards if you log in on specific dates during the three week celebration event and participate in the limited-time collection event.
In this guide, we're going to show you everything you need to know about the Collection Event and when to log-in to get the special limited-time rewards.
Collection Event Dates and Rewards
The Three Year Anniversary Collection Event runs in-game from February 15 to March 1.
Throughout the duration of the event, there is a brand new reward tracker that is filled with epic prizes. As with any event reward tracker, you need to complete specific event-related tasks to earn points. The more points you earn, the further up the prize tracker you will go. Each time you hit a specific amount of points, you'll unlock one or two rewards. The rewards here are special as every cosmetic item on the tracker has been made by a member of the Apex community. Also, six of the items have been created and designed as collaborations with popular Apex Streamers.
Squad and Prestige Skins
Throughout the event, you will be able to purchase squad skins that have been inspired by some fan-favourites that have been seen over the previous 11 seasons. You can get your hands on them by purchasing them in the usual way (Legend Tokens, Coins) or you can find them in event-specific Apex Packs.
Prestige Skins are an exciting new addition to Apex. Instead of purchasing them or crafting them, you need to complete specific tasks in the game to earn them. Each skin has three tier levels (level 1, level 2, and level 3). To get your hands on a level 2 tier, you'll need to complete the tasks for and unlock the level 1 tier first. Arguably, completing the first tier is the most important as once you do this, you've unlocked the ability to earn the remaining tiers at your leisure. You have an unlimited amount of time (during the event) to complete the challenges. However, if you miss out on the skins, the level 1 skin for Bloodhound will be available for 150 Heirloom Shards when the event ends.
As with any limited-time event in Apex Legends, there is an Anniversary Collection Event Store! The shop opens as soon as the event begins (February 15) and it will remain open until the event ends. During this time, it seems that you'll be able to get your hands on several bundles filled with cosmetics and items that have been popular over the past three years. The best part is, it looks like all of the bundles are available at a heavily discounted price. Make sure to check the store each week to see if there's one that's perfect for you.
Login Dates and Rewards
Boot up your game and enter it (not just go to the title screen) to earn these prizes. We recommend collecting all three of them if you can, especially if you're getting a Legend you don't have. If the rewards contain a Legend that you do already own, you'll still be given the other loot.
- Learn More: Find out the best landing spots for Season 12.
February 8 - February 15 (Week One)
- Unlock Legend: Octane - Octane would usually cost 12,000 Legend Tokens or 750 coins, but for this week you can get your hands on the speedy Legend for free.
- x3 Thematic Packs (Octane) - These are like Apex Packs, but you are guaranteed at least one Octane item in each of them.
February 15 - February 22 (Week Two)
- Unlock Legend: Wattson - Wattson would usually cost 12,00 Legend Tokens or 750 Coins. For a limited time only, as part of the anniversary rewards, you can unlock the Electrical Genius for free!
- x3 Thematic Packs (Wattson) - They are similar to Apex Packs. Each one will spit out three individual rewards, but you are guaranteed at least one Wattson item in each pack.
February 22 - March 1 (Week Three)
- Unlock Legend: Valkyrie - Daughter of a Legendary Titan Pilot and a Legendary Pilot in her own right, you can unlock Valkyrie for free this week! As with other locked Legends, she would usually cost 12,000 Legend Tokens or 750 Coins.
- x3 Thematic Packs (Valkyrie) - Just like Apex Packs, each one contains three rewards. In themed packs, you are guaranteed one (if not more) Valkyrie item.
- x1 Legendary Pack - Legendary Loot! That's it, 3 pieces of Legendary Loot.
Apex Legends is still going strong and is still growing in popularity every single season. We hope that its success will continue for many more years yet. While you are playing the game, check out our Legends Tier List to find out which ones are the best pick for this season. Also, weapons are the most important part of winning the game. Take a look at our weapons tier list to learn about the best weapons for this season. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a gun, grab a Legend, and get ready to become the Apex Champion!