Your game has updated, but what’s actually changed? Do the weapons feel different? Do Wattson’s fences do more damage now? Has Fuse’s moustache grown? Well that’s where the Apex Legends patch notes come in, to tell you exactly what’s new in Kings Canyon, World’s Edge, and Olympus.
As with all live service games, Apex Legends receives all sorts of updates – big, small, or somewhere in between. We’ll detail them all right here, from the tiny hotfixes to the new season behemoths. We all know that Apex Legends Season 10 brought big changes to the game, but sometimes the smaller patches can be just as game-changing, so it’s always worth checking back to see what’s changed in Respawn’s battle royale game.
In Apex Legends, patch notes are pretty simple to get your head around. It doesn't matter if you're a fan of Apex Legends' ranked playlists, you're waiting for Apex Legends' Arenas ranked mode, or you just prefer public play; the patch notes will affect you all. There will usually be a few balance changes to weapons and legends, as well as a few events that change the way you play. Various quality of life changes and bug fixes round out the usual contents of a patch. Very occasionally we get a stunning new Apex Legends heirloom - if Respawn fancies treating us, that is. Of course, that can all change, which is why you’re here.
Without further ado, here are the latest Apex Legends patch notes:
Apex Legends Patch Notes 1.80: Tap Strafing Removed
UPDATE September 14: Tap Strafing Nerf Delayed
Respawn has delayed the controversial tap strafing nerf, due to its removal impacting other movement elements in the game. Read the article above for more information about why Respawn believes "movement is sacred," and how this affected its decision.
The original update and full patch notes continue below:
Patch 1.80 with Apex Legends' Rampart Town Takeover is now live. Pro players aren't very happy with the decision to remove tap-strafing, although Respawn's director of communications Ryan Rigney says that, "thanks to the work of a couple of our engineers, this is now easily tunable on the fly, and we have the ability to iterate on or even revert it completely without a client update." Perhaps it won't be as bad as it seemed.
However in more positive news, Respawn's director of communications Ryan Rigney confirmed that a fix for the shield swap bug that affects players when swapping from Red Evo Shields to a fresh Gold armour will be fixed in the same patch.
Here's the full patch notes (be warned, there's a lot of them):
- Rampart will now be able to run around with Sheila out, and shoot while walking. The spin up is longer, and she only gets 1 magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put it away and pull it back out until you run out of ammo (or hit the cooldown time).
- At any point, you can still place Sheila down for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite reloads and acts just like the previous version. You cannot pick it back up.
- VFX (similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10% - 15%.
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quickchat how long ago the event took place
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hipfire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Shatter Caps - Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Medium draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
Shatter Caps - 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base and all Energy Magazine tiers
- Base: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
- Base: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
Quality of Life Updates
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15.
- Your timer should be reset after being respawned.
- Swapping from Red to a Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo Shields in deathboxes now show their health.
- Added character portraits to "detected" widget for recon characters.
- Early Leaver Warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead.
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different colored than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode wouldn’t anonymize the names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed issue for when players would randomly get un-readied while matchmaking in Ranked.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when viewed in the Stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see Ranked icons when switching over to Arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fix for cases where the player would still see the Abandon Penalty countdown when getting other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that would show up on the upper right corner of the screen that served no purpose.
- Fix for when the Playlist Selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer encounter a string issue in the Timeline when they have a ";" in their username.
- Fixed cases where the name of killed players was not always showing up when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that can cause the Observer to get stuck on the Intro Screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer glitch into Skyhook when using her tactical.
- Fix cases for when Loba’s ultimate visualfx do not appear while aiming down sites.
- Fixed bug that could get players stuck under the map after dismounting from Ramparts Turret on a Trident.
- Fix for the times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line that mentions a removed hop-up.
- Switch Only - Fix for cases where players couldn’t complete training due to her Ultimate malfunctioning,
- Fix for cases where it appeared that Gibraltar's Ultimate caused dropped audio.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie's passive/tactical as well as use the Vtol jets infinitely.
- Fix for when players would still see "Amped" or "Revved up" from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fix for reactive skins, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
- Various fixes on World’s Edge cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hiding spots, and areas where players could get stuck.
- Fix for the mysterious fire show that could appear in Firing Range and cause a crash.
- Fix for cases where players were able to reach farther than intended when punching an enemy player.
- Private Match Fix - Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fix for Audio fluttering that could happen when killing someone during self-revive.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
- (PC only) You’ll no longer be able to bind forward movement to the Mouse wheel on PC. This previously enabled an exaggerated movement tech known as "Tap Strafing". See the dev note below for more context.
Apex Legends Patch Notes 1.79: Bug Fixes
Another small patch this time around, this time patching the frog jump that downed players could do and some stability issues. Here's everything that was patched:
- Knocked players sometimes being able to jump
- Steam "No price found" issue with Bangalore Edition
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
Apex Legends Patch Notes 1.78: More Fixes
A small update fixed a couple more issues, and disabled the Prowler in Arenas. Here's what the patch included:
- Temporarily disabling Prowler in Arenas due to crashing issues
- Resolved a bug that was preventing some stats from being properly tracked. Missing stats aren't recoverable, but should track correctly going forward
We told you it was a small patch!
Apex Legends Patch Notes 1.77: Seer Nerf Now Live!
The delayed Seer patch is now live, and it has addressed some of the major balance issues with the new character. But has he been nerfed enough, or will he still be an overpowered wallhacker?
Here's every change in the patch:
- Increased wait time between sensor spikes for full HP targets (1.25s to 1.75s)
- Removed centre circle ellipses
- Reduced range beyond 75m (blue spikes)
- Reduced field of view
- Increased detonation delay from 1.4s to 1.6s
- Players hit are no longer damaged or flashed. Screen shake from being hit is also reduced
- Move slow added while holding tactical
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed tactical FX being visible in firing range when it's not supposed to be
- Increase cooldown from 90s to 120s
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed several errors related with Seer
- Adjusted volume of voice lines that play when Seer is chosen
- Fixed a problem caused by Climatizer FX ("No existing effect for handle" error)
- Fixed an issue with challenges ("Array index -1 is out of range")
- Fixed most instances of Legends "holding a grenade" when they have none in their inventory (Wattson still suffers from this in some rare cases)
- Fixed an error with using multiple grenades on explosive holds (a following update will cause explosive holds to spawn closed again)
- Switch: Fixed Holospray display
That's everything from the 1.77 patch.
Apex Legends Patch Notes: Seer Nerf Delayed
Anyone who has played the newest addition to the Apex Legends roster, Seer, will tell you that the new guy is pretty powerful. Too powerful.
Respawn has been vocal acknowledging this fact, and has told players that a balancing patch is in the works. However, Respawn Producer Josh Medina has revealed that the Seer nerf has been delayed due to "issues" with the patch.
We'll update this page as soon as the patch is announced to see just how serious a nerf Seer will receive. In the meantime, enjoy his broken kit.
Apex Legends Patch Notes: Season 10, Update 1.77
The below changes were announced via Respawn's Twitter account, they include:
- Fixes bugs with Seer's abilities
- Solves a script error that was sometimes triggered by an interaction between Fuse's ult and Wattson's ult
- Reduces Prowler damage from 15>14
- Reduces speed while ADSing with the L-Star
- Fixes a map hole near Climatizer Raises prices for the Prowler and L-Star in Arenas
- Also, as a temporary fix to avoid a server-crashing bug, we've opened all the explosive holds on Kings Canyon.
The Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes are live! Here's what's changing:
UPDATE: Ryan Rigney, Respawn's director of communication, announced on Twitter that there is an additional change that wasn't tracked in the official patch notes:
- The audio triggered by players' landing impacts should be louder when they're coming in from an Octane jump pad.
This may help a little with the Revtane problem, but we'll have to wait and see if more serious changes are needed.
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse's Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse's team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
- There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.
- The Prowler returns to floor loot, and the Spitfire and Alternator have been added to Care Packages.
- Boosted Loader - Reloading near empty (but not at 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable to the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman.
- To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for now.
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel
- Reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity tier.
- All stocks now offer increased reload speed (instead of magazines)
- Marksman Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will offer increased stability and sway reduction with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from tactical stocks)
- Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons because of its unique interaction with ammo. Instead they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool-off its heat build up slightly faster.
- Now take Barrels for recoil reduction
- Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half
- First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced
- Hipfire spread increased
- Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75
- Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85
- Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10%
- Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time
Prowler Burst PDW
- Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24
- Damage increased from 18 to 19
- Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values
- Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55
- Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator
- Disruptor Rounds - Increase shield damage by 40%
- Disruptor Rounds can only be found on Alternators from the Supply Drop
- Reload speed from stocks is increased.
- Significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier
- Base fire-rate remains unchanged
Arenas Price Adjustments
450 - 200 - 300 - 400
500 - 200 - 300 - 350
- Lvl 1: 100 - 150
- Lvl 2: 200 - 250
- Lvl 3: 300 - 350
- Lvl 1: 200 - 150
- Base: 600 - 500
- Base: 700 - 600
- Lvl 1: 250 - 200
- Lvl 2: 300 - 200
- Lvl 3: 400 - 450
- Base: 300 - 350
- Base: 400 - 350
- Base: 500 - 350
- Knuckle Cluster: 75 - 100
Arenas Ability Adjustments
- Horizon's Gravity Lift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage's Psyche Out starting charges reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound's free scans while in Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2
- Fixed an issue where Bloodhound's tactical failed to highlight the enemy for the Bloodhound player while they used an emote.
- Enemy Legends now remain visible when performing Bloodhound's "Tracking" Standing Emote at a higher elevation.
- Trident and Dropship audio should no longer be significantly dampened when Bloodhound is using their Ultimate.
- Corrected an audio issue with Gibraltars Dome Shield failing to make sound.
- The “Gentle Giant” skin will no longer obstruct the player’s view when aiming down sight with the 1x Holo Sight attached.
- Fixed some instances where the Dome Shield would disappear on placement and not get refunded to the player.
- Fixed cases where Lifeline’s VO still says "I've got you. Shields up" even when she no longer has a shield.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using Lifeline's Care Package in Training Mode.
- Pathfinder's Grapple no longer stays connected when he’s killed while under Revenant’s Death Protection.
- Updated Pathfinder "Copper Core" legs so they now match in first-person view.
- Fixed an issue where Pathfinder’s Grapple cooldown audio cue replayed rapidly after deploying tactical in gameplay.
- Wraith should no longer be crushed by closing doors while her tactical is active.
- Wraith can no longer use her ultimate while attached to Valkyrie’s ultimate.
- Fixed a rare bug which allowed downed players to jump/bunny-hop after entering a Wraith Portal that was placed by a crouching Wraith.
- Fixed an issue causing Bangalore's Smoke Launcher to disappear when moving away from other players with certain Legendary skins equipped.
- Solved a bug preventing Caustic barrels from making planting audio when they land in water.
- Caustic barrels tossed just before death should no longer disappear.
- Fixed a visual bug where the Caustic Heirloom pose has a model that disappears after the pose finishes playing during the previewer.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Caustic Barrels to be pushed into players, crushing them.
- Fuse’s Ultimate "Motherlode" is no longer destroyed if it interacts with Caustic gas.
- Wattson’s ult will no longer shoot down friendly Caustic barrels and ults.
- Players should no longer get a server error when attempting to purchase Caustic's heirloom using Heirloom Shards from the "Heirloom" tab.
- Addressed an issue where Mirage's invisible revive wouldn’t fully cloak teammates when certain skins were being worn.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to wedge an Octane jump pad between a supply bin to make the Trident faster.
- Fixed a visual bug where Octane's goggles moved independently after using his tactical.
- Removed the beam of light that shoots into the sky every time Wattson places down her fence.
- Fixed the choppy preview video for Crypto’s "Drone Scan" in the "Finishers" tab.
- Arenas: Fixed a bug where Crypto’s Drone could be deployed and recalled infinite times when the user had only one charge available.
- Switch Only: Fixed a visual bug where Crypto's position indicator while in his drone flickered near the top and left edge of the screen.
- Switch Only: The UI for Crypto’s tactical charges should no longer overlap with the recharging UI when his drone is destroyed in Arenas.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Drone from being able to detect enemies using Trident.
- Fixed a visual bug when the Heirloom appears to be floating in third-person when looking up and down inside the Gravity Lift.
- Placing a Death Totem too close to the edge of the map should no longer teleport players off the map when returning to the totem.
- Emote fix: Added the missing Silence Orb to Revenant's "Suffering Silence" emote.
- Fixed some exploitable hiding spots reachable in Rift using Revenant.
- Fixed some cases when Revenant didn’t have horizontal movement animations when holding the heirloom.
- Lots of fixes across all maps to address issues with exploits, hiding spots, and inconsistencies with using Loba’s tactical.
- UI Fix: The ammo Count in Loba's Black Market should now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart's turret to be placed on Geyser.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to run faster after stowing a fully charged, chargeable weapon—this bug also caused the charged indicator in the UI to go away.
- Fixed an issue where Rampart’s wall would get stuck in an animation loop when hit by Caustic gas.
- Addressed some cases where Blackhole/NEWT wouldn’t appear when using Horizon's Ultimate.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s weapon appears horizontally on the back while using a survey beacon.
- Fixed some cases causing Horizon Ultimate ability to be cancelled out when placed near a supply bin if the bin was opened during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trident’s momentum and friction constraints to be modified by interacting with Horizon's abilities.
- Addressed some cases where Horizon’s Ultimate ability active state persists after being destroyed.
- Addressed some cases where players could lose some functionalities after dropping with Fuse.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused part of Fuse’s body to pop up on the screen when toggling throw power after swapping grenades.
- Made a small change to address feedback that Valkyrie’s UI feels noisy when she first drops from the dropship.
- Fixed an edge case causing passengers on Valkyrie’s ult with bad ping to be reverted back to the ground in an unusual position.
- The Ultimate/Skydive Special UI and targeting will now update with colourblind settings
- Teammates should no longer be able to float around while being tethered to Valkyrie's Ult by breaking the explosive hold.
- Fixed an issue where Valkyrie could be pushed into unintended areas by the Trident when using her ultimate ability.
- Addressed some cases where Missile Swarm wouldn’t cause damage when hitting a floating enemy Valkyrie in her lower half.
- Fixed some cases of the camera clipping through geo and environment while preparing to launch Valkyrie’s Ultimate.
- Fix for cases where Missile Swarm fails to track the moving train.
- The Kraber target should no longer appear on screen when ADS after using Valkyrie’s passive.
- Fixed an issue where players could still activate Valkyrie’s Tactical and Ultimate while under structures without the vertical clearance requirement.
- Fixed some cases where teammates could clip through walls and appear on the same side of Valkyrie while tethered to her Ultimate.
- Fixed an exploitable spot on Canyonlands where Valkyrie could reach an inaccessible area using her passive.
Quality of Life Updates
- Added a new badge: Win Streak. Can you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 wins in a row?
- Added a “Hold On” response to enemy pings.
- Added distinct sound effects to the Gold Backpack’s revive. VFX were added in the Chaos Theory update. This gives additional feedback when players are close to but not in line-of-sight of revives.
- Updated the Heirloom store to give players a better view of all the items related to that item.
- Updated Open Pack Button to show how many packs of each type are available to open. Highlighting the button shows a complete breakdown.
Apex Legends Patch Notes: World's Edge Decimated in Season 10
Some early Apex Legends Season 10 patch notes to treat you with as Respawn Entertainment has shed some light on what World's Edge will look like come August. For the full breakdown, check out our Apex Legends Season 10 map changes guide, but if you want a quick overview, you're in the right place.
We've also detailed the Legend buffs and nerfs that Gamespot published early this week.
Season 10 Map Changes
Climatizer has replaced Refinery in the northeast of the map. It looks like a much bigger POI, and could perhaps rival Fragment as a popular drop spot next season.
The planet has fractured even more! The crack of molten lava caused by Harvester has expanded even further north to go right past The Epicenter.
Apex Legends players have a love/hate relationship with Sorting Factory. However, the POI has been engulfed by a lava sinkhole this season, and Hammond has had to build a cooling station above it in order to keep it in check.
It's not quite Train, but the Gondolas in Climatizer and Lava Siphon offer some more mobility and excellent sniper spots. They're also the only way to get across the lava unscathed!
If Sorting Factory was a 'marmite' POI, Train Yard was the devil. A spot that nobody liked to land, and fewer liked to end a match, players will be happy to know that Train Yard has been removed from World's Edge. The new spot has the same amount of loot, albeit more spread out.
Respawn has listened to players and reverted the skybox of World's Edge to its old, colourful, self. Kind of. There's a little climate change spin on things, but largely it looks like the moody clouds are gone.
Overlook felt like a bit of a dead end, so two new rotations have been added. The first is behind the huge silos and leads to the open ground in front of the POI, and the other is an extension of the eastern cave tunnel, connecting Overlook with Geyser.
Season 10 Legend Changes
- Instead of five ticks of damage per second, Caustic's gas will now increase in damage every other second (so 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, etc.) with no limit on how much it can increase
- The gas cloud created from Caustic's Nox Gas Grenade dissipates five seconds sooner
- Fuse's Knuckle Cluster will last twice as long, allowing him to deny areas for longer
- Enemies caught in The Motherlode will be highlighted (even if they're in a building or behind a wall), making it easier for Fuse and his allies to plan their follow-up attack
- Horizon's ability to maneuver while in the air on her Gravity Lift is adjusting to be closer to how it was in Season 7, prior to her substantial nerfs in following seasons. It's not a total revert though
- Enemies will get an audible and visual indication when Death Totem's death protection is about to end, letting them know that Revenant and his allies are about to be vulnerable
We'll wait to see how this affects Apex Legends' best guns, but there a lot of changes to hop-ups, magazines, and care packages:
The Prowler is rotating out of care packages, but will only be available in burst fire mode.
As expected, the Spitfire is headed into the Care Package. It is also reverting to its pre-nerfed state with more damage per round.
In a surprise to everyone, the Alternator is also headed into the Care Package. However, it will be equipped with Disruptor Rounds that do incredible damage to shields. Anyone who played in Season 2 will be having flashbacks to how powerful this weapon was - it's no joke.
The L-Star will now take more attachments to bring it in line with other energy weapons. It can take both barrel stabilisers and energy magazines. The latter will increase the time it takes to overheat and help it cool faster, depending on the level of magazine.
The Eva-8 fire rate is being nerfed when it has a bolt equipped.
The Anvil Receiver has been removed from the game.
Quick Draw Holster
The Quick Draw has been removed, however it is being automatically implemented into all pistols to a lesser degree. This is an inadvertent buff to the Wingman, which becomes an even better pick in any game mode thanks to the change.
This new hop-up goes on the Hemlok and Wingman. It offers faster reloads, and if they're reloaded at the right time (think the Deadeye's Tempo), grant you more rounds in the mag.
Extended Magazines and Stocks
Reload speed is no longer boosted by extended magazines, instead being improved by higher level standard stocks and sniper stocks. Furthermore, Marksman Rifles will now take sniper stocks rather than the former.
We expect more balances to come - Bloodhound and Crypto could do with a nerf and a buff respectively - but this is all the information we have ahead of Season 10. It looks like its all change on World's Edge.
That's all the latest changes in Apex Legends. Check back whenever there's a new patch, update, or hotfix, and this list will be up to date with the latest notes to accompany it.