Apex Legends: Legacy has been a great Season so far, though it has not been without its hiccups here and there.
There have been a few hotfixes along the way, but the first major update to the Season is coming soon with the release of Apex Legends 9.1.
Apex Legends 9.1 drops with the Genesis Collection Event, map updates, a new heirloom for Revenant, 24 new cosmetic items, and a bunch of quality-of-life fixes.
Apex Legends 9.1 Release Date
Respawn Entertainment has announced that Apex Legends 9.1 will drop with the Genesis Collection Event on June 29, 2021.
Expect the maintenance period to start around 12:00 p.m. EST / 6:00 p.m. BST, with the game being playable once again by 1:00 p.m. EST / 7:00 p.m. BST.
The Genesis Collection Event will run until July 13, 2021.
READ MORE: When Does Apex Legends Season 9 End?
Apex Legends 9.1 Patch Notes
The King's Canyon Map from Season 0 and World's Edge Map from Season 3 will takeover Duo and Trio queues in one-hour rotations for a limited time during the Genesis Collection Event
This means that both Skull Town and Thunderdome will be available once again, as will Capital City, Bridge, and Fuel Depot.
Skull Town Comes to Arenas
Skull Town comes to Arenas, adding to the mix of 3v3 carnage with plenty of open space for mobile Legends, as well as nooks and crannies for Caustic and Wattson to shine.
Weapon Price Adjustments
- P2020 Lvl 1 Upgrade: 50 -> 25
- P2020 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 125 -> 75
- P2020 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 200 -> 150
- RE45: 250 -> 200
- EVA: 250 -> 300
- Mastiff: 500 -> 400
- R99: 550 -> 500
- Volt: 500 -> 550
- Spitfire: 550 -> 600
- L-Star: 400 -> 500
- R301 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 300 -> 350
- G7 Scout: 350 -> 400
- G7 Scout Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- 30-30: 350 -> 400
- 30-30 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- Arc Star: 100 -> 125
- Gold Backpack: 250 -> 300
Legend Ability Prices
- Crypto EMP: 600 -> 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 -> 50
- Revenant Death Totem: 600 -> 500
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 -> 75
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 -> 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350 -> 450
Arena Balance Changes
Legend Ability Adjustments
- Pathfinder’s Grapple starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Pathfinder’s Zipline round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooldown reduced from every 3 rounds to every other round.
- Wattson’s Interception Pylon round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Launch Pad cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Stim starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Added a scoreboard to the map screen.
- You can now report players by pressing [SPACE / Y] in the map screen
- From Round 3 and onward, you’ll now start with a shield battery in addition to 2 syringes and 2 shield cells.
- Care packages will also land 5s earlier to make the contained weapons a more viable option before the round closes out.
- 6x scope moved from base sniper weapons to Lvl 1 upgrade.
Arena Map Adjustments
- Adjusted circle logic to favor downtown a bit more.
- Simplified the minimap’s visual language.
- Raised cover height on certain props throughout the map to prevent unfair advantages to large rig Legends.
- Added a few trees to reduce the ease of spawn sniping (looking at you, Reptar…).
Arena Bug Fixes
The UI for Purple devotion now shows the attached turbocharger.
- Players will no longer be chosen as Jump Masters during the legend select screen.
- Updated the sniper stock to show an empty slot when needed.
- Can no longer get stuck in the crouch position after dying while reviving a teammate during a round in Arenas.
Revenant's Heirloom is coming to the heirloom crafting mix, adding a bit more death to the Legend's arsenal.
Players can snag the heirloom by collecting all 24 cosmetic items from the Genesis Collection Event, or by crafting it with Apex Legends Heirloom Shards.
Legend Balance Updates
- Launch Pad cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.
- Slightly slimmed down hitbox (specifically his midsection, arms, and upper legs).
- Stalker climb height significantly increased. It's not literally unlimited now, but... that boy can really climb.
- Silence duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Reduced the duration of death protection by 5 seconds while using the Death Totem.
- Increased hit box size, mostly in the legs and waist.
- Eye of the Allfather scan revealed time decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Beast of the Hunt duration decreased from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Time can still be added by downing enemies.
- Major Buff: Wattson can now place more than one Nessie on the map at a time with her Epic emote.
Weapon Balance Updates
- Increased Fire Rate from 6.25 -> 7.0
- Increased Base Ammo from 12 -> 14
- Increased Lvl 1 Mag from 14 -> 16
- Increased Lvl 2 Mag from 16 -> 18
- Increased Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Mag from 18 -> 21
- Increased Hip Fire spread
- Slightly increased projectile speed
- Reduced charge time from 0.5s -> 0.35s
- Damage increased from 55 -> 60
For quality of life and bug fixes notes that come with Apex Legends 9.1, check the official post on the Apex Legends website.