The museum is an integral part of Animal Crossing New Horizons, a building run by the owl Blathers where you can donate fossils, bugs, fish and artwork. But how do you actually get it to appear on your island? We'll show you how to unlock the museum in our guide here!
How to Unlock the Museum in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To unlock the Museum in Animal Crossing New Horizons, your first priority should be to find Blathers the Owl. He'll appear on your island after several days in-game, usually close to Tom Nook and Isabelle. However, there are specific circumstances to get him to appear. We've laid them out below.
Unlocking the Museum
- Catch five bugs or fish and donate them to Tom Nook.
- The day after you donate the fifth one, Blathers will appear on your island with a ent. Speak to him about the Museum.
- Donate fifteen bugs, fish or fossils to Blathers.
- After the fifteenth one, Blathers will begin construction of the Museum. This'll last for the entire day afterwards, during which Blathers will be unavailable.
- However, the day after that the Museum will be open, allowing you to donate however many critters and exhibits you like!
Looking for tips on where to find all the donations you'll need? We've got you covered in all our many guides. You can see how to catch fish, what bugs you can catch right now, and how to get the very rare flea for your collection.