The museum is an integral part of Animal Crossing New Horizons, a building run by the owl Blathers where you can donate fossils, bugs, fish and artwork. But how do you actually get it to appear on your island? We're going to show you how to unlock the museum.
How to Unlock the Museum
To unlock the Museum, you will need to have Blathers visit your Island. He'll appear on your island after several days in-game, usually close to Tom Nook and Isabelle. However, there are specific circumstances to get him to appear. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Catch five bugs or fish and donate them to Tom Nook.
- The day after you donate the fifth one, Blathers will call Tom Nook saying he will visit.
- Nook will give you a tent to place down for him. This tent will be where you want the Museum to be built so choose carefully!
- Blathers will appear on your island the following day.
- Donate fifteen bugs, fish or fossils to Blathers.
- After the fifteenth one, Blathers will begin construction of the Museum.
- his will last for the entire day afterward, during which Blathers will be unavailable.
- However, the day after that the Museum will be open, allowing you to donate however many critters and exhibits you like!
What Is the Museum?
The Museum is a building on your island that is run by the curator, the bug-hating owl Blathers. Inside the building there are different sections where your donations will be displayed and these are:
Each time you donate one of these items to Blathers, he will take it off of you and put it on display. However, you can only donate one of each item so if you donate a common butterfly you will not be able to donate it again.
Looking for tips on where to find all the donations you'll need in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? We've got you covered in all our many guides. You can see how to catch fish, and how to get the very rare flea for your collection.
Updated November 1st, 2021 by Marie Pritchard.