You get to experience all four seasons in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Each season will bring with it little seasonal events that you can participate in or little tasks that you can do. Winter is when your Island will be covered in snow and a seasonal tasks you may want to try your hand at is building Snowboy. Here is our guide to how to make the perfect Snowboy.
How To Build a Perfect Snowboy
Building a perfect Snowboy can be tricky as you need to make sure both halves of the Snowboy are perfect. If you follow the instructions we have written below, you will be able to make a perfect Snowboy every single time.
Snowboy Part One
- Make sure your Island is covered in snow. You cannot make a Snowboy if there is no snow.
- When your Island is covered in snow, look around for small snowballs that have spawned on the ground. There will only be 2 at any one time and they typically spawn near one another.
- When you find one of the balls, walk up to it and your character should start to kick it around. Make sure you are getting your character to kick it over more snow. Avoid Ponds, Rivers, and Sand. These will melt the ball.
- Once you have kicked the ball around a bit on the snow, it will get bigger. Your character will then start to roll it with their hands. Keep rolling this around in the snow until it gets bigger and bigger.
- Stop rolling the ball when it is almost the same height as your character. You can use the image below to compare your character to your ball.
Snowboy Part Two
- You now need to go and find the second snowball on your Island.
- Kick it around as you did with your first one until you can roll it with your hands.
- Roll it around as you did with the first one but you must make sure you are near to the first part of your Snowboy. Otherwise, the ball you are rolling can get too big and will ruin the top half of your Snowboy.
- Stop rolling your ball when it roughly reaches the ears of your character.
Making Your Snowboy
All you need to do now is roll your smaller ball towards the bigger ball and it should hop on top of the bigger one. Your Snowboy will then magically appear and let you know if you have done a great or terrible job. The Snowboy is brutally honest if you haven't built it properly so be prepared for it to complain. It is tricky to make a perfect Snowboy so you may need to try again.
How Many Snowboys Can You Make in a Day?
Currently, you can only make one Snowboy per day. Snowboys will gradually melt over a few days so it's worth making one each day to get a small collection.
Perfect Snowboy Rewards
If you do make a perfect Snowboy then it will reward you with a Large Snowflake each day it's alive and it will give you one DIY recipe after you built it. Only perfect Snowboys will give you these rewards. These are all of the items that you can currently get the recipe for from a perfect Snowboy:
- Ice Wand
- Three-Tiered Snowperson
- Snowperson Head
- Frozen Sculpture
- Frozen Pillar
- Frozen Arch
- Frozen Partition
- Frozen Bed
- Frozen Table
- Frozen Counter
- Frozen Chair
We will update this guide as we learn more about Snowboys.
Once you manage to make one perfect Snowboy, the next one will be easier and you may soon have a small army of them. There are many more seasonal things for you to enjoy in Winter in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. We have a guide all about Toy Day 2021 which is a major in-game event during Winter. Also, we have a guide that shows you all villager birthdays to make sure you don't miss the chance to celebrate with your favourite ones.
Updated November 19th, 2021 by Marie Pritchard. Contributions from Nick Farrell.