In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the Happy Home Academy is an organisation who appeared in the previous games. As if trying to impress Isabelle with your island wasn't enough already, the HHA will be evaluating the inside of your home too, so it's important to learn the art of Feng Shui in New Horizons.
In this guide, we explain who the Happy Home Academy are and how to gain points and improve your ranks with them.
What Is the Happy Home Academy?
The Happy Home Academy has appeared in the majority of the games in the Animal Crossing series. Their role in each game, including Animal Crossing: New Horizons, has been to assess the interior style and design of your home.
Their evaluation consists of a points system, and your amount of points will ultimately land you a rank. The HHA will send you weekly letters making you aware of your points and rank, sometimes dropping you a hint or two on how to improve. As you climb ranks, they'll also send you rewards such as plaques and trophies too.
Their ranks go from B, to A, to S; with B being the lowest rank and S being the highest. Even when you reach S rank, however, there's always room for improvement! We've explained some tips on gaining points and improving your HHA rank below.
How to Improve HHA Rank
Here are some tips and tricks for trying to reach HHA's highest rank, S:
- Firstly, you'll want your home to have all the upgrades and expansions available. This can be costly, so get saving those bells!
- Try to collect and display matching furniture sets in rooms. Pictured above, we tried to put as much Rattan furniture into one room as possible. Which sets you collect and display is entirely up to you!
- Displaying furniture of matching colours helps too. Not only does this look aesthetically pleasing, but it's easy to do using crafted items and Customisation Kits!
- Collect and display rare items. These items include the likes of trophies from the Bug Off or Fishing Tourney, items crafted with Star Fragments, and items gifted to you by Gulliver.
- Fill every room with furniture; empty, barren rooms won't earn you any points!
- Include essential furniture. This includes the likes of tables, chairs, wardrobes, and beds.
- Seasonal and festival furniture will give you a small boost in points.
- Be sure to keep your home free of cockroaches. This means trying to log in to your game regularly to prevent them from spawning.
- Finally, avoid putting items on the floor that aren't properly placed furniture, such as unused items and materials.
That's all you need to know about the Happy Home Academy in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. With these tips at your disposal, you should master the art of Feng Shui and have your very own happy home in no time.
While you're getting your home just right, why not work on trying to get the perfect five-star island too? Alternatively, if you need a break from striving for perfection, then we suggest you take a relaxing break with our fishing tips.