UPDATE: The patch is live, and weighs in at around 1GB.
Original Story Follows:
The latest Returnal update is a fairly small one, but fixes a number of problems affecting progress and generally makes Returnal a more stable game.
Chief among the issues it fixes is a bug where Scouts wouldn’t show up when they should and an issue where having a Deceased Scout scavenged infected you with a negative parasite.
Other smaller, but equally important, bug resolutions include areas where players would get trapped and even an instance where a certain boss disappeared if you used a specific item.
New Returnal Patch Squashes Pesky Bugs But Still Doesn't Add Save State
As a reminder, having automatic updates turned on means the game will close when the patch goes live, if you have it in sleep mode.
Here’s everything Returnal 1.3.7 fixes in the game:
Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
• After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
• Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
• Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
• Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
• Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
• Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.