PUBG recently received the 14.1 patch update, and it brought some much-needed changes into the classic battle royale. Taego, the brand new map has already become one of the fan-favourites, got a few tweaks to improve gameplay.
Amidst all these new changes, players are eager to know which of these alterations will impact the gameplay most. Fans feel that the new 'carry' system is one of the best features added in PUBG in recent updates.
So, if you're interested to know more about these changes, then we have you covered. Here's everything you need to know about PUBG 14.1 Patch Update.
PUBG 14.1: Patch Notes
First up in this update is the ability to pick up and carry a downed survivor. You can now throw them over your shoulders and bring them with you to victory.
Next up, Taego has received a lot of changes. Additional covers are added in some areas, and the terrain has also received improvements. Furthermore, Breakable Pots have items inside so break and loot! Error Space are special new zones marked on the map that can spawn items featured in other Battlegrounds, so make sure to check the map for locations.
In addition, Taego and Paramo have been added to the Ranked. The rulesets have also been changed accordingly, so check out the details below. Many changes have been made to Erangel’s hot place Pochinki, along with the Pony Coupe and Porter, Halloween decor and weather on Erangel, the new Trick-or-Treat Progressive M416, and more.
Since the introduction of Taego, we have been continuously analyzing the play history to collect information about the overly advantageous areas on the map. As a result, we discovered that some regions of Taego have a relatively high win rate compared to others. After checking the win rate of the most popular combat zones, objects and terrain improvements were made for the areas with a win rate of 75% or more.
- Added cover to the mountain area north of the Palace and the river area east of the Terminal.
- Fixed field of view, bends, and cover for areas where terrain composition is difficult to overcome.
- Improved the cliff topography in the north of Buk San Sa area.
- Corrected the height of the cliffside terrain, which was considered to be OP.
- Reorganization of the topography around the School area.
- After removing the surrounding trees, added fields.
- Covers and hills have been reorganized.
- Terrain improvements in some coastal areas.
- Redline: Corrected the cliff topography of the entire coast.
- Blueline: Removed rocks located around the lighthouse.
- Some mountain/river areas:
- Green area: Added trees to the hillside.
- Magenta Zone: Added flat terrain curves.
- Sky Blue Zones: Added cover for areas that lack cover.
Introducing the Error Space, this map exclusive feature to Taego allows players to gather other map-exclusive weapons and supplies to be spawned randomly within these zones.
Error Space zones are displayed randomly on the minimap and will be active until the end of the match, so make sure you head to the Error Space early so you don’t miss out!
– Players can set the number of Error Spaces.
– Players can set the spawning probability of Error Spaces.
Various items are placed in Breakable Pots that are placed all over the map. Break the pot to loot multiple items inside and lead the match to victory. However, be aware that the sound of breaking the pot may expose your location to enemies. You may break the pot by punching it, but a few shots with your gun can come in handy.
- Normal Match
- Custom Match
- Medical Items
- First Aid Kit
- Adrenaline Syringe
- Energy Drink
- Frag Grenade
- Smoke Grenade
- Stun Grenade
- Molotov Cocktail
Comeback BR and Improvements
We received much feedback on the inconvenient situations that players experienced while waiting for Comeback BR. Therefore, to provide a better overall experience, we have made the following improvements.
- A warning message will be displayed when trying to leave while spectating Comeback BR.
- If you die while being able to participate in Comeback BR, “Exit to lobby” button will be disabled for three seconds.
- A timer that indicates the time left until the start of Comeback BR will be displayed.
Comeback BR team UI improvements
- Nicknames are now displayed brighter for squadmates who are waiting for Comeback BR to begin.
Vehicle Balanced Updates
We gave high low-end torque and excellent stability in consideration of the rugged and mountainous terrains of Taego for its exclusive vehicles.
Also, Taego is very difficult to travel without a vehicle. So we have high max speeds to prevent them from being destroyed easily from attacks. However, we have listened to the voices of our community saying the top speeds were too fast, so we have reduced the top speeds of the vehicles.
- Normal: Reduced from 140km/h to under 130km/h.
- Boost: Reduced from 150km/h to under 140km/h.
- Normal: No changes are applied.
- Boost: Reduced from 130km/h to under 120km/h.
The leaver penalty should be applied for players who have died and are qualified for the Comeback BR but choose to leave the match without waiting for the Comeback BR to begin.
Leaver penalty is applied when leaving match during Comeback BR
An update has been made to Pochinki, one of the most popular drop points for dropping on Erangel. Until now, it was challenging to escape from Pochinki after early match combat without a vehicle.
Also, the surrounding area was made up of fields, which made it easy for the enemies to find you. The following updates have been made to address these difficulties. Last but not least, the quality of the terrain around the map has been improved.
Pochinki Church Renewal
- In order to balance with the surrounding two or three-story buildings, we have blocked the church rooftop play.
- Added a secret room in the basement of the church where items are spawned. This room can be accessed without a key.
Updated Terrain Around Pochinki
- Added waterway.
- Added cover.
- Added fences.
- Fixed terrain height.
- Improved Pochinki Terrain Quality.
Trick or treat! It’s that season of the year again. To maximize the Halloween vibes, we have finished decorating some parts of Erangel. Knock on the door and shout out trick or treat!
- School, Hospital, and the Starting island area have been decorated with the Halloween concept.
- Halloween-themed weather, with unique moon colour and fog in certain areas, is added.
- Normal match
- Custom match
- Weather Probability
- Halloween: 30
- Clear: 50
- Cloudy: 20
- Care Package Smoke Color
- Changed to Halloween colours.
- Flaregun supply crates are not included.
- Placed Mummy Coffins at School, Hospital, and the Starting Island.
New Feature: Carry
Making its way to the Battlegrounds this update is the new Carry feature. Be the hero your team deserves by risking it all to carry an ally to safety or take a downed enemy on the adventure of a lifetime – before they bleed out, that is.
There are pros and cons to picking up a downed player. For one, they’ll serve as a sort of human shield, guarding you against some incoming fire (pro for you, con for them…), but in return, you will not be able to sprint, jump, crouch, prone or hurdle, so make sure you choose your rescue route carefully.
You can still fire while carrying a player, but your options are reduced to hip fire only. As for the carried player themselves, their bleed out time will be lowered, and they’ll also be able to spot for you, though their visibility will be limited to whichever way you turn them.
- Available on all maps.
- You may pick up any downed player (friend or foe) that is not currently self-reviving or being revived.
While carrying a player, the following is true:
The following cannot be used.
- Melee weapons
- Throwables (includes Gas/Jerry Can)
- Emergency Pickup
- Emergency Parachute
- You and the carried player still take damage separately.
- Your movement speed remains the same. However, you cannot crouch, go prone, sprint, jump, or hurdle.
- You may still fire your weapon, but from the hip only.
- You may not use healing items.
- You may not use throwables.
While being carried a player, the following is true:
- Your field of vision is limited to the direction your carrier is facing you.
- Carried players cannot join you in a vehicle.
- When the Carrier starts to swim Carry is cancelled and the carried person drops/sinks to the bottom.
- You cannot attach to an Emergency Pickup while carrying a player.
- You may not use an Emergency Parachute while carrying a player.
The following are the map rotation plans for this update.
- Normal Match
- As-is: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi , Karakin
- To-be: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Taego, Paramo
- As-is: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi
- To-be: Erangel, Miramar, Taego, Paramo
As the Taego and Paramo are added to the Ranked, a separate ruleset is set for Ranked Mode.
- Maximum Players: 64
- Blue Zone: Same as Normal Matches.
- Care Package: Same as Normal Matches.
- Red Zone: Not available.
- Vehicle Spawn: Added fixed spawning locations.
- Only Pony Coupes are spawned in Garages.
- Item Spawn: Same as Normal Matches.
- Flare Gun: Only available to call in a custom airdrop. BRDM-2 won’t be dropped.
- Maximum Players: 32
- Blue Zone: Seven Phases.
- Item Spawn Increase.
- Vehicle Spawn:
- Normal Matches: Buggy
- Ranked: Rony
- Rony is spawned from fixed spawning locations.
- Red Zone: Not available.
- Weather: Clear.
- The Halloween theme has been applied to the lobby and its background music.
- We wanted the Nameplate animations to be shown better so we delayed the appearance of emblem, nickname, level, and medal.
- The font size was reduced as well.
Direct X Version 12
- DirectX 12 Option: You can now choose to use the DirectX 12 rendering system.
- DirectX 12 may enhance performance, but as an experimental feature, it may not be as stable as DirectX 11.
- Please check the version of your GPU driver for a better DirectX 12 experience.
- Nvidia GPU: Version 471.96 or above is required.
- AMD GPU: Version 21.10.1 or above is recommended.
- Key Hint Widget Optimization
- Frame drops and hitching are reduced.
- Item descriptions will now pop up when players hover their mouse over Set previews.
- The release date for the Progressive Weapon Crate will now be displayed on the Store featured page.
- Clicking on the new banner will take you to the Progressive Weapon Crate menu.
- Fixed the issue of the BZ Grenade pin flying to the back of the character when cooking the grenade.
- Fixed the sound being inaudible when a player is hit by melee weapons.
- Fixed the issue of the small multi-drop care package’s collision range seeming bigger than it looks.
- Fixed the game crash issue when a player collides with care packages in Sandbox Mode.
- Fixed the issue of the killfeed message making it hard for players to drag items that are on the bottom of inventory.
- Fixed the sound being inaudible when a player is descending with a parachute after jumping off of the plane.
- Fixed the issue of the incorrect visual effects (VFX) being rendered when a vehicle collides with a wall in a sunny weather setting.
- Fixed the issue of Porter getting destroyed right away when shot by Panzerfaust.
- Fixed the issue of Pony Coupe’s and Porter’s speed not lining up with the speed dashboard.
- Fixed the issue of being unable to kill a different player intermittently appearing and disappearing.
- Fixed the issue of grenade moving to and exploding in a spot different from the thrown position.
- Fixed the incorrect camera position issue when a player shoots from the vehicle in Replay/Death Cam.
- Fixed the issue of the observer getting reported when the observer reports a different player through Replay/Observer Mode’s player list.
- Fixed general bugs in Erangel and Taego.
- Fixed the issue of Korean being shown in the Refund Policy message when purchasing G-Coins in a language setting that is not Korean.
- Fixed the issue of the Random Crate UI overlapping with the Back button.
Items And Skins
- Fixed the clipping issue with the character’s skin when equipping Taego Survivor Tee.
- Fixed the goggle texture issue of Crimson Cadet – Helmet (Level 1) when dropped on the floor.
- Fixed the transparent ankle issue when female character equips both Cheerleader Sneakers and PGI.S Tactical Pants.
- Fixed the clipping issue with armpits when the male character equips Sleeveless Turtleneck and does the Victory Dance 61 emote.
- Fixed the clipping issue with the forehead when most female characters equip only the Blood Hound Muzzle.
- Fixed the issue of incorrect transparency of the glass part when equipping Moon Seeker Helmet.